Mangrove Jack keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugdog1

Reaction score
Not sure I'd like to be carrying full kegs by a single middle handle. Haven't tried it, but they're heavy and awkward enough with the two side handles. And no bro, I don't lift ;) That package looks a good deal, depending on the quality of the kegerator.

The single handle isn't a new concept. In fact it's been around for years.

They might not look as pretty as some, but structurally, they're fine. No problems with the single handle. I carry mine about 30 metres from the brew shed to the patio where the bar area is without any problems. They're an Indian manufactured keg that have been distributed in the USA for a few years now and carry the US Food safety stamp, which is pretty tightly controlled.

Couple of advantages: The single handle gives better access to connect or switch disconnects in relatively confined space inside a kegerator and they also take the carbonation lids, which the rubber topped ones can't due to the shape of the rubber handles impeding on the lid closure lever.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, surprised how little I could find on them.

My next question is should I build a keezer or just buy the kegerator. SWMBO is of the opinion the whole loT is a waste of money . But she is allowing it so I've gotta get it right the first time as I don't think I'll get a second chance haha

Depends how many kegs you want to hold, how many taps, where it's going ....

I'm building a coffin top keeper which will hold 7 kegs with 5 taps. Space for 2 kegs to be carbing so that when one of the others blows can be just swapped over.

A keezer with the taps mounted through the collar is pretty easy to set up. I'm going with the coffin top option as I'm having it inside the house on the condition that it looks good. More work but it will be worth it.

If you only want to dispose one at a time them a premade kegerator might suit your needs. Some of them look quite good for having in the house.

HBHB said:
Couple of advantages: The single handle gives better access to connect or switch disconnects in relatively confined space inside a kegerator and they also take the carbonation lids, which the rubber topped ones can't due to the shape of the rubber handles impeding on the lid closure lever.
Has anyone tried pulling off half the rubber on top of a corny just leaving one handle? I reckon the better access would be great just not sure how well attached the rubber is to the keg

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did you end up getting the MJ keg?
Any comments / experiences? Thanks :)

Back