Man Skirt For Oktoberfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Just as well it is targeted at the Germans, because I don't think you'd get many Ozzies and Kiwis wearing it. Not until they had a few steins anyway :lol:

Beers,
Doc

Designers invent skirt for beer drinkers

German designers are promoting a skirt for male drinkers to wear at the Munich Beer Festival.

They say their Oktoberfest Frock is a lot more comfortable than traditional lederhosen.

Doreen Anders and Andreas Landinger, from Munich, say they were influenced by the Scottish kilt in creating the drinking-dress which comes in 'short' or 'calf' length.

There are no tartan designs but the kilt comes in colours in-keeping with the blue-and-white Bavarian flag and other symbols of the Oktoberfest beer festival.

A spokesman for the designers say the skirt "combines softness with comfort" and does not inhibit the wearer like lederhosen, which can "be a bit tight around the calves and stomach".

Landinger, who started designing skirts for men a year ago, said: "I think they're going to go down well.

"We've already had a few dozen orders and once one everyone realises how comfortable they are, I think they'll really catch on.

"With all that beer flowing at the fest you need to make sure your belly is free to take it in."

:lol: :lol:

So many things to say Doc... I'll avoid your delete key for now.

Something about are there Bratwurst and Dumplings on the menu? :ph34r: :lol:

Warren -

Careful fellas, in my time trvelling around the world I've met a couple of Islander lads who love to wear a man skirt. I for one wouldn't be telling a bunch of Fijians or Tongans that they've frocked up! Some of their forefathers on occassion dined out on some of my forefathers.

Cheers
MAH

FATHER Ted, Ale typo :unsure: sorry, I just fixed my grain mill [again] and I am celebrating. Where is my party frock. :chug:

yeah the kilty thing may be ok, but whats with the blue and white leg warmers? that looks really stupid.

i've work a kilt a few times, great for when you need a slash or easy access for shenanigans at parties, but trying to drop the kids at the pool? no good.

I'd wear that german skirty thing if chicks like that one would hang around me too!

I guess it would make it easy to take a leak :D a bit drafty but.

bindi said:
The only frock I liked was the one the girl in this link is wearing
http://www.bayernkilt.de/ Freck,Girls [Love farther Ted] B)
[post="76225"][/post]​

Yeah. I kind of agree. Mind you, if I had that shapely girl next to me, I would probable welcome a skirt to hide my sudden increase in my size around the groin area. The leg warmers on the guy is definitly spoils the show.

Have you ever thought why the Scotts wear a kilt or some of the island people wear a sarong?

:chug:
PeterS....

why they wore them? well back in ye olde days when the english were harrassin' the scots or they were harrasin' each other (the scots, they ne mind a wee bit o harrassin) the kilt was helpful to relieve oneself on patrol or battle and not be caught "with your pants down"

Back