Maltshovel Night In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
Anyone else going along to the Maltshovel night this Tuesday in Adelaide? It came out on one of their emails. Tuesday night at The Worldsend in Hindley Street. Not sure if Chuck is going to be there this time.

I will be there for a couple fo quiet ales.

I'd love to make it but I'm not going to be able to unfortunately.

You'll just have to have a beer for me ... and don't let that bloody bar fall over :)

I'll have it covered, boots.

I had forgotten about it. Now I am the baby sitter 8(

Well, I think it was a good night. Ask me tomorrow maybe.

Oh man oh man oh man.
What a superb night..

The rum porter was brilliant.
The food was great too.

bradmcm said:
Oh man oh man oh man.
What a superb night..

The rum porter was brilliant.
The food was great too.
[post="72254"][/post]​
Yes would have to agree that the Rum Porter was a very nice drop. Chuck Hahn and Tony Jones from MSB looked after us well with plenty of great food and free advice. They were also happy to receive both positive and negative feedback on their brews. The salt n pepper squid was delicious.

Not a big turn out and so plenty to go around. If only the pub would warm their beer to something above the near freezing.
temp they served it.

Congrats to Aaron for winning the lucky door prize. AHBers have made a clean sweep of Adelaide MSB nghts lately with Bradmcm cleaning up last time.

Agreed, top night, didn't have to put my hand in my pocket, food was excellent (S&P Squid being the highlight for me too roach :beerbang: ) and the mystery beer being a JS Porter that had been stored in an Inner Circle rum barrel for a while. Great stuff Chuck and Tony!

C&B
TDA

I think it was fun, have a vague memory of the evening...

tdh

Add another couple thumbs up here for the S&P Squid, the rum porter and the great hospitality provided by the MSB folks.

Just surfaced, only kidding ;)

Was a good night though. We were well looked after. As everyone else has said the food and the rum porter were great.

Chuck and Tony were bery decent hosts. I am allways surprised about how much info Chuck gives about the beer.

The picture has gone straigh to the pool(well compuet) room and is hanging on the wall. :p

See you all at the next one.

Did anyone get a sample of the new batch of Strong Ale? I was a little distracted by that point and missed it.

Kai said:
Did anyone get a sample of the new batch of Strong Ale? I was a little distracted by that point and missed it.
[post="72590"][/post]​

I didn't have a sample on Tuesday night. However, I had it a few weeks ago off tap in Melbourne. An excellent drop I thought and very easy drinking for a 6.8% ale.

Kai said:
[post="72590"][/post]​

I wouldn't offer an opinion on the small taste I had. Especially after 3 goes at the Rum Porter :chug:
Pedro and GT had a fair guzzle IIRC.

C&B
TDA

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Kai said:
Did anyone get a sample of the new batch of Strong Ale?

I wouldn't offer an opinion on the small taste I had. Especially after 3 goes at the Rum Porter :chug:
Pedro and GT had a fair guzzle IIRC.

I thought the strong ale was only provided to "Distinguished Guests" :) . Not sure what vintage that strong ale was, but I didn't think much of it. It was full body, had warming alcohol and a fair bit of malt flavour, but nothing really stood out.

The rum porter on the other hand...................

Pedro

Have to agree, not extraordinarlly exceptional.

tdh

Back