• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Malts Australia Wide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Howdy,
In the next month or so I will be buying a couple of tonnes of malts. I am particularly interested in the Weyermann Bohemian pilsener malt. Anyone who is interested in buying some malt for feel free to contact me.
The prices are listed below but are for SA people only. Over the years I have quite a bit of interest from you guys in Qld. If you can come up with an order of a tonne between you'se add an extra $8/ bag. I haven't listed the entire Weyermann range. If you are intersted in anything in particular let me know and I can give you a price.
Anyhow here are the prices.

cheers
Darren

Barrett Burston 25 kg bag
Pale/Galaxy/Ale $40.00

Weyermann
Bohemian pilsener $55.00
Pilsener $55.00
Vienna $55.00
Munich Light $60.00
Munich Dark $60.00
Caramunich I/II/III $65.00
Carafa I/II/II $70.00
Melanoidin $65.00

Bairds
Marris Otter $65.00
Golden Promise $65.00
Lager $55.00

Bumping this again.

Of particular interest for me is the Weyermann "Bohemian" pilsener malt.
I would really like to get my hands on this malt. It apparently produces an exceptionally malty and clean lager. It requires the use of a decoction to bring out the best in it.

I need to place an order well in advance to have it brought in especially. Could anyone interested in a bag of this malt let me know so I can ascertain the number of bags I should order.

PS. There are special prices for orders over 100kg of any combination of the malts listed above.

cheers
Darren

I will grab a bag of the Bohemian Pils malt Darren. Probably grab a couple of others too. Thanks.

I'll probably take one Darren. You know me, I can't resist a new malt I haven't tried.
Yell out if you want to go halves in anything Stu.

edit- might be worth getting a bag of weyermann acidulated and splitting that up. Wouldn't need a whole bag but rather a few kilos.

I will try a bag of teh Bohemium Pils..

will check my stocks of Golden Promise and Marris otter.

Would like some Carapils, carahell, caraaroma but not whole bags - more like 5kg of each - and they are not on your list -

Oh Well.

Jeez, the last thing I really need is malt, but it is very hard to let a bag of golden promise walk past the door :D so put my name down for one of them :p .

Still looking for well modified grains that can cope with simple infusion mashes, so might pass up on the bo pils malt. If I get to brew a couple or 3 times before I go back to work on the 23rd I may revise my malt needs again. No chance of any Thos Fawcwtt malts, Darren?

Tangent, I already have 5kg of acidulated malt, which could last me a very long time - you are welcome to a kilo or two of that if you want. I'd also like to top up my munich and vienna stocks but not by the bag full, so if any adelaidean or three is interested in splitting a bag of those, let me know and we can work out a split.

Actually, now that kenny mentions it, I could go 5kg or caraaroma if anyone else wants to join on that bandwagon? Carared also in similar amounts. Joint bags can come to my place for division, saving Darren the hassle.

edit - last paragraph added

GMK said:

Would like some Carapils, carahell, caraaroma but not whole bags - more like 5kg of each - and they are not on your list -

Oh Well.
[post="102170"][/post]​

GMK,
All or the "Cara's" are $65/bag. I would go for 5 kg of each of those too. Anyone want to grab more of it?

cheers
Darren

Darren said:
GMK,
All or the "Cara's" are $65/bag. I would go for 5 kg of each of those too. Anyone want to grab more of it?

cheers
Darren
[post="102172"][/post]​

see the edit on my earlier post

Darren said:
Howdy,
In the next month or so I will be buying a couple of tonnes of malts. I am particularly interested in the Weyermann Bohemian pilsener malt. Anyone who is interested in buying some malt for feel free to contact me.
The prices are listed below but are for SA people only. Over the years I have quite a bit of interest from you guys in Qld. If you can come up with an order of a tonne between you'se add an extra $8/ bag. I haven't listed the entire Weyermann range. If you are intersted in anything in particular let me know and I can give you a price.

cheers
Darren

Pale/Galaxy/Ale $40.00

Weyermann
Bohemian pilsener $55.00
Pilsener $55.00
Vienna $55.00
Munich Light $60.00
Munich Dark $60.00
Carafa I/II/II $70.00
Melanoidin $65.00

Bairds
Marris Otter $65.00
Golden Promise $65.00
Lager $55.00
[post="101990"][/post]​

Darren
You can freight them to Qld. for an extra $8.00 a bag?

Darren said:
GMK said:

Oh Well.
[post="102170"][/post]​

GMK,

cheers
Darren
[post="102172"][/post]​
I will take 5 of each.

I may re neg on the bopils though. I would rather something well modified. I will probably grab the caras, a regular pils, a munich 1 and a bb ale.

I will split a bag of Vienna with you stu.

I have enough Carafa I/II/III

i will side with Aaron and go for the reg Pils as well.

Will take 5kg of the following:
Carapils, carahell, caraaroma, Cara Red, Melaniodan, Amber & Crystal 60
if there is enough interest.

Happy to have 1/2 bag of Marris Otter and 1/2 Golden Promise if someone wants to go in.

GMK said:
& Crystal 60
if there is enough interest.

[post="102190"][/post]​

I think you are looking at caramunich 3 there ken.

Can you get the caramel rye Darren, or do you need to buy in bulk for that too. I'd happily take half a bag of that, but could take more if no other takers can be found.

Not that I need any malt ;) .

Darren
When is the cut off date for ordering? I am trying to team up with a couple of others to make a bulk buy. Probably a bag of Marris Otter and a regular Pils.

Any chance of getting wheat or crystal wheat?

I'm keen on going in with you for a split-up Stu. I'll swap you a kilo of something for a kilo of acidulated. Always keen on increasing my malt range.
As soon as this weather cools a little, i'm back brewing like a madman.
My crystal stocks are almost depleted.
What's golden promise like?
I'm interested in a few kilos of munich and vienna as well. - edit

Batz said:
Darren said:
Howdy,

cheers
Darren

Pale/Galaxy/Ale $40.00

Weyermann
Bohemian pilsener $55.00
Pilsener $55.00
Vienna $55.00
Munich Light $60.00
Munich Dark $60.00
Carafa I/II/II $70.00
Melanoidin $65.00

Bairds
Marris Otter $65.00
Golden Promise $65.00
Lager $55.00
[post="101990"][/post]​

Darren
You can freight them to Qld. for an extra $8.00 a bag?
[post="102182"][/post]​

Hey Batz,
Yes and no. The freight cost is worked out on 1 pallet (20 bags). If you can find a cheaper freighter I am happy with that.
cheers
darren

EDIT: Actually if you are buying a tonne then the prices will be the prices as quoted as above including freight.

freight is about $8. If you can find something cheaper then take about $8.00 off the prices. Freight is from Melbourne.

If you are in Melbourne there will obviously be very little freight costs

Aaron said:
Darren said:
GMK said:

Oh Well.
[post="102170"][/post]​

GMK,

cheers
Darren
[post="102172"][/post]​
I will take 5 of each.

I may re neg on the bopils though. I would rather something well modified. I will probably grab the caras, a regular pils, a munich 1 and a bb ale.

I will split a bag of Vienna with you stu.
[post="102185"][/post]​

Aaron,
I still have regular pils left over from the last buy if you need it shortly.

cheers
Darren

wee stu said:
Can you get the caramel rye Darren, or do you need to buy in bulk for that too. I'd happily take half a bag of that, but could take more if no other takers can be found.

Not that I need any malt ;) .
[post="102196"][/post]​

Stu,
There is chocolate rye and ordinary rye malt. Is it a weyermann range? I will ask if such a thing exists.

cheers
Darren

doglet said:
Darren
When is the cut off date for ordering? I am trying to team up with a couple of others to make a bulk buy. Probably a bag of Marris Otter and a regular Pils.

Any chance of getting wheat or crystal wheat?
[post="102201"][/post]​

Doglet,
There is no hurry. Hope to order in february ready winter brewing. It is really only specialty malts and the bohemian pils that I need firm orders for.

Certainly can get wheat and crystal wheat

Wheat (25kg sacks)

Weyermann (Germany)

pale wheat $60
dark wheat $60

Barrett Burston (Aust)
pale wheat $55

cheers
Darren

Darren said:
Stu,
There is chocolate rye and ordinary rye malt. Is it a weyermann range? I will ask if such a thing exists.

cheers
Darren
[post="102220"][/post]​

Weyermann caramel rye

the 4 week delay in availability does not inspire me with confidence, however :(

ask your source, the worst they can say is nein!

awrabest, stu

Back