• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Malts at Wholesale Prices - One day ONLY!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinOC

Insert something suitably witty here
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

For Melbourne/Victorians only!

With the Clever Brewing warehouse closing down shortly, there's a swag of base & specialty malts to get rid of, plus some cleaning/sanitising chemicals.

Pick-up only & only tomorrow (Easter Monday) from 9am-1pm.

CASH ONLY!

After tomorrow, if you want to avail yourself of the deal, you'll need to make a very pleasant & scenic drive to Kinglake on a weekend & BYO bags.

Base malts & adjuncts - $2/Kg

Specialties - $3/Kg

Whilst stocks last.

Some things will just be given away if there's only a small amount available.

Entrance to the warehouse is on Hosie St. in Bayswater North. First driveway on the right & it's Unit 19 in the far left-hand corner.

GO!

Martin

It's simple. No pre-ordering (& DEFINITELY NOT through the CB website - this is a CASH-ONLY deal, which isn't going through "official" lines;)).

Turn-up with a fistful of cash & browse for what you fancy.

This stuff has been "gifted" to the warehouse staff & we've already taken as much as we possibly can. Rather than have the rest end-up in a skip, I figured it should go to the community at cost & end-up as beer (& make a few golden shekels into the bargain).

It's a win-win situation for everyone concerned.

I might make some time to drop in:bigcheers:.

What's happening to CB then? New warehouse location, closing down entirely, or....

I need a bit more interest than "I might drop in". That's half a day I could otherwise spend productively collecting firewood on a P/H. Sorry, mate, but it's a reality for me in Kinglake.

The CB Melbourne warehouse is closing, but CB itself will continue. All grain/equipment orders will be processed from another warehouse in NZ or from another in Qld.

There may be an Australian-owned resurrection of the CB name/brand/service down the track (if I get my way!), but right now, everything is in flux & I'm personally out of a job:(.

Cheers,

Martin

Man this is disappointing. NZ though? so no more next day delivery??

Man this is disappointing. NZ though? so no more next day delivery??

Yeah, disappointing for me, too, but apparently, there will be swift delivery by DHL from NZ. How, I don't know, but that's the plan.

I'm planning another business with shipping from Aus., so watch this space.....

Any Weyermann malts Martin?

There's a bag of Beech-smoked that I'm reserving for a mate, but otherwise, there's a variety of Weyermann gear that you'll just need to rock-up & take as it's available.

Do I have any firm commitments for tomorrow, or do I collect firewood instead?

I don't want to waste 6 hours waiting around, when I could be productively on the chainsaws instead.

Well, it rained quite heavily overnight, so there goes my chainsawing plans......

I'll be in around 9am. If my black Forester is in the carpark, I'm in. (ie ignore the keysafe on the front door).

Well, I got a lot of stuff done packing-up the CB warehouse today & a couple of blokes rocked-up & got a lot of free stuff gifted to them into the bargain.

Who missed-out????

Bugger, just saw this. Any chance you still have some stock to sell up?
Yeah, mate. I've got malts/adjuncts/chemicals coming out my clacker, but it's all currently at my place in Kinglake.

I'm not geared-up to mail stuff out from home (particularly in bulk), but if you want to take a weekend trip up the Mountain (Cancel that! Since I no longer have a job for the time-being:(), you're welcome to BYO bags/buckets & we can weigh-out anything that takes your fancy by negotiation.

PM me for address details & let's haggle:D

Hi Martin, Kerry from Aussie Brewmakers in Mansfield VIC here. Any chance we could have a chat about what stock you are looking to clear out of Kinglake?

Hi Martin, Kerry from Aussie Brewmakers in Mansfield VIC here. Any chance we could have a chat about what stock you are looking to clear out of Kinglake?
Hi Kerry,

I'd honestly prefer that this stuff goes directly to homebrewers, rather than another retailer, who will just slap their own margin on top & make a profit out of it, but I certainly understand the sentiment of where you're coming-from. In your position, I'd probably want to do the same.

I've already got a few guys coming up to my place over the next couple of weeks to share a few beers & avail themselves of the deal, so let's see how things go.

Shoot me a PM & I'll send you a rough-guess list of what I'm holding & once the dust settles, we can work-out a deal from there. I really don't want this stuff hanging around over winter (my storage space is limited, but I've got everything covered & protected from foul weather).

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Kerry,

I'd honestly prefer that this stuff goes directly to homebrewers, rather than another retailer, who will just slap their own margin on top & make a profit out of it, but I certainly understand the sentiment of where you're coming-from. In your position, I'd probably want to do the same.

I've already got a few guys coming up to my place over the next couple of weeks to share a few beers & avail themselves of the deal, so let's see how things go.

Shoot me a PM & I'll send you a rough-guess list of what I'm holding & once the dust settles, we can work-out a deal from there. I really don't want this stuff hanging around over winter (my storage space is limited, but I've got everything covered & protected from foul weather).

Cheers,

Martin
Hi Martin, No problem at all and understand. Thought I would just throw it out there if you got stuck with some stuff you couldn't move. Will remain in touch. All the best, Kerry

When would be a good time to come over and get some grain?
It depends on what you want (just in case to save you a wasted journey).

There's been LOTS of interest in this deal (WTF? WHY are Aussie homebrewers such a bunch of tightarses & only emerge when stuff is a bargain?????).

Here's a rough list of what I've currently got available (no guarantees, as it may disappear overnight):

Bags:
GNO 40
Flaked Barley 47
Torrefied Wheat 25
Flaked Wheat 75
BB Pale Malt 75
BB Wheat 120
Caramunich 2 25
Choc. (Bairds) 50
Caramunich 1 25
Dark Crystal (Bairds) 42
Oat Malt (TF) 20
Light Crystal (Bairds) 22
Glad. Biscuit 20
Flaked Rice 15
Munich 2 10
Ding. Aromatic 15
Glad/ Vienna 5

Buckets:
Rolled Rye 9
Flaked Wheat 8
Supernova 10
Black Malt 12
Redback 10
Maris Crystal 8
Caraaroma 15
Caramunich 3 15
caramunich 2 13
Carared 10
Dark Choc. (Glad) 8
Roast Wheat (Glad) 8
Light Choc. (Glad.) 2
Pale Choc. (Bairds) 5
Dark Choc. (Simp.) 8
Aurora 10
Gladiator 2
Melanoidin 2
Toffee 6
Acidulated 6
Aromatic (Ding) 6
Biscuit (Ding) 0
Carahell 2
CaraRye 6
Flaked Barley 6
Torrefied Wheat 5
Carafa 3 8
Shepherds Delight 1

Chemicals
Sodium Carbonate 50
Chlorinated TSP 75+
TSP 75

Amendment to the previously amended amendment:

All of the BB Pale has been taken (Pending payment & pickup).

Quick & the dead........

Latest posts

Back