Malt Shovel About To Hit The Homebrew Market

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B) I live on the North West Coast of Tassie.
The temp here very rarely gets above 30 deg C.
The temp in my Brewrey (also know as her laundry) under the house even on hot days..25C> stays at 20C.
I use heat belts during the winter...but make great larger all year round... :D
:chug:

JWB said:
I use heat belts during the winter...but make great larger all year round...
Personally, I wouldn't bother with the heater belt at all, make my ales in summer at 18-20C (I think 18C is the perfect temp for ales) and my lagers in winter. Saflager will brew down to around 8C, and some of the fresh yeasts will go even lower.

Damn! I wish I lived there now :lol:

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

The Masters of marketing have done it again.
Nice simple design yet very attractive.
mmm, the Deep Roast Ale and Oatmeal Stout look inviting.

Doc

those guys at the CB and Malt shovel are great!!

to release an ale to take on the cock ale that was posted here

Malt Shovel 1.7 kg Deer Roast Ale

B) :p :chug:

Country brewer are brewcraft affilliated aren't they?

Any idea if West Brew are planning to bring these kits over to WA??

I'd like to give one a go if they do :) See how it compares to a muntons premium gold..

We aren't really affilliated with anyone ... we did take over a Brewcraft store so our site is featured on Brewnet because of that.

I'm pretty sure that there was a product launch in WA as well ... you should have these available pretty soon!
:D

They seem a bit expensive at $18.50 when u have to add grain hops ecr. well we havent heard about them in adelaide

Hi Everyone

This is my first post :)

Im the Admin for the Country Brewer website and its new forum.

We now have on the The Country Brewer website we have just added a new category for this new product range.

The kits are not due for a few weeks but going on enquiries so far, demand will be high.. So get in early and pre order now.

You can get directly to the new page by clicking -> here

If you want to make a full fermenter full of beer you will need TWO of these kits! :chug:

Thanks

Slim

:( I dont think i will be getting them to expensive rather get an esb 3 kg can or fresh wort than that

Jazman said:
:( I dont think i will be getting them to expensive rather get an esb 3 kg can or fresh wort than that
Cheaper than a Muntons Premium Gold or Woodfordes pack (theyre $40-45). ESB Fresh wort is the same price over here ($39).

Its around the same price as a lot of Grumpys "superbrews".

Time will only tell of the quality of them. You have to remember, for them to wear the MSB name they're going to have to be of decent quality. Saying that you'd rather get an ESB 3kg can over them without ever tasting them is a bit harsh :)

Slim - I'm glad you updated the countrybrewer website and I hope that you're able to maintain currency. Websites that don't update drive me around the bend - right about the bend - to the very end of the bend - even beyond the bend.

I hope that the MSB kits are fine quality and that any marketing attracts more people to brewing. Whether people enjoy kits/extract/grain etc - the more the better and the more information concerning options and technique the better.

cheers
reg

These kits are also going to be marketed in NZ but under the Mac's brewery name.
However the strange thing is that the description of the kits is quite a bit different. See here.

Note: This URL is the the front page where the kits are currently listed as of 14 May 2003

I have it on good authority from Luke Nicholas that these are the same kits.

Cheers,
Doc

hmmm,i wonder how they would go down over there, i hear that some homebrewers in NZ have strange tastes :wacko:

but i guess that there must be some with good taste too... :)

Still can't see these kits doing well

One of my series 2 improver packs (extract, grain, hops) + Coopers Lager kit
about $30 max and it makes 23L

buy kit at supermarket, add CSR brewing sugar, 23L for $12 :huh:

Jovial Monk :D

any one made the two row lager im thinking of making it with the wyeast bav lager 2206 does it need dry hoping i have saaz plugs

I've got a 10L bucket at home, might punch a tap & airlock in it, fill it up to 9.5L with the 2 row Lager and leave it in the corner for a couple of weeks to try it.

sounds like a good option crackers.

my pale ale was pretty ordinary, much rather do a normal can brew.

my mate did a nut brown, it tasted dirty, pretty sure it was infected, but ended up pouring the keg out, still go a few bottles, maybe it will improve...

hopefully the lager is ok, all the best ;)

Back