• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Malt Madness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Howdy all,
As most of you would know I received an over-supply (twice as much as I ordered)
of malted barley this year.
I have moved most of it but there remains:
7x bags of Weyermann pilsener malt (from Germany) ($55/25kg bag)
4x bags of Galaxy malt (Aussie)($40/25kg bag)

The misses has declared that it all must go (ie it is in our spare room)

As an incentive to move these malts I will be including 2kg of either Weyermann munich type II or Caramunich II for free.

You can contact me at darren dot miller at adelaide dot edu dot au
or
82769928 (hm)
83033263 (wk)

cheers and happy brewing
Darren

BTW, I am happy to send these malts interstate if interested.
cheers
Darren

Anyone in Adelaide want to go halves in a bag of galaxy?
If not it looks like i'll get a whole bag can't have a fellow brewer in the dog house cause his malt his cramping the missus's style. :huh:

Anyway anyone here even used galaxy before? if so please post some comments.

Jayse

jayse said:
Anyone in Adelaide want to go halves in a bag of galaxy?
If not it looks like i'll get a whole bag can't have a fellow brewer in the dog house cause his malt his cramping the missus's style. :huh:

Anyway anyone here even used galaxy before? if so please post some comments.

Jayse
Jayse

If no one else will go in with you - i will take 1/2 a bag...

will use some in my THBW

Galaxy also makes a "very" good wit. Used it twice. No coincidence they were the two best wits I've made. :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

It's basically malt on speed/caffeine. Converts within 30 mins, attenuates like buggery and converts mucho adjuncts. Good if you're considering a Classic American Pilsner (CAP) as well.

Warren -

Thanx guys, i have found a fair amount of info on it and looking forward to using it now.
Looks like i might need two bags to do a barley wine and still have some left for some other beers.

GMK i was gunna go halves with jazman so you could proberly go halves with him and i'll just a bag or two for myself.

Cheers Jayse

Latest posts

Back