Malt Bulk Buy Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeungnut

Reaction score
I am trying to organize a bulk Malt buy from David Cryer (Cryer Malt) for people in Melbourne in the next 2 weeks as apparently Malt prices are going up 30% on the 1st of April. Orders are for Barrett Burston, Bairds or Weyermans. I have attatched a pdf of the current prices. Orders of 25 kg bags only please unless you purchase a bag of specialty and split amongst yourselves. I will organize a pickup on a Monday from:

Precision Containers Pty Ltd
5-9 Justin Road
Brooklyn, VIC 3012

Otherwise you would need to pickup from Strathmore (near Essendon) thereafter.

I will be ordering four bags so I need another sixteen bags (400kg) to place an order. I only want to place a minimum order so once the sixteen bags are reached I will advise and place an end to this post.

Those interested can email me to work out the details of payment and pickup.
[email protected]

Cheers

Phil

View attachment Malt_Prices.pdf

I know i've already said this before...

But i'd rather keep my local HBS in business.

That's fine but my HBS does not stock Barrett Burston malt. It depends on what you want.

Cheers

Phil

Fair enuff mate, not having a dig just stating my opion.

Cheers.

Hi All,

We are at 200kg need another 300kg (12 bags) to place order.

Cheers

Phil

A bulk buy straight from Cryer Malt,20 bags and still the same price as Craftbrewer.
Just shows how good Ross's prices are,plus for 20 bags he would give a bulk buy price thus making his grain cheaper.
Not that it will help you once transport is added,interesting all the same.

Good idea to stock up now,that 30% next month is going to hurt.

Batz

Hi All,

I am surprised by the lack of response to this post. For those that don't believe that grain prices are going up on the first of April here's a link to Grain and Grape's latest newsletter confirming this:

G&G Newsletter

I am still happy to organize the order either with David Cryer or Ross but time is running out.

Anyone interested can post or email me.

Cheers,

Phil

We are now up to 275kg so just over halfway there.

Send me an email or reply if any more takers.

Cheers

Phil

Back