Male Quick Release/female 1/2in Bsp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danwood

Space left intentionally blank
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for one of the above but having no luck. Maybe there's a better way...I'm open to suggestions.

The (stupid?) idea is to have the 'Female 1/2in BSP/Male QR' semi-permanently threaded onto the pump's inlet (plus tape), so I can easily release it (after recirculating the mash and later, whirlpooling) and swap in the 'Male QR/Barb' with hose attached, to then fill cube/fermenter.

The above arrangements will be attached directly to the ball valve, obviously via a '1/2in male BSP/Female QR'.

Any solutions are welcome,

Cheers, Dan

I think you'll find 1/2" BSP and NPT are interchangeable, and either can be used on the others 1/2" threads.

I have a mix of NPT and BSP threads throughout my brewery, but all are 1/2" so are easy enough to mate.

If you stick with 1/2" you should be fine, but when you start going smaller or larger, you'll be needing the same thread type.

Sponge

Dan,

Use the male QR/to male 1/2 BSP and then a stainless 1/2 pipe with internal threads to convert it to female. So part no: 005625 and 005663 from keg king shown in the pic below.

qr.PNG

You could always use camlocks to change over lines quickly...

Dan,

Use the male QR/to male 1/2 BSP and then a stainless 1/2 pipe with internal threads to convert it to female. So part no: 005625 and 005663 from keg king shown in the pic below.

View attachment 56052

Aha...genius Truman (or at least brighter than me).

Very simple solution.

Perhaps I should have also gone for a 3 way ball valve in hind sight...but I've never had a 3 way before and I got nervous :( .

I'm stuck with the one piece valve for the time being...I'm sure it'll all get re-used when I upgrade again anyway.

Cheers, Sponge too. NPT versus BSP wasn't really my angle, but thanks for the input. Probably my retarded wording was at fault.

Beers, Dan

Latest posts

Back