Malcolm Roberts... oh my goodness gracious!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironically one of the favourite expressions of another unhinged Queensland politician but don't you worry about that.

Heard him on RN in a (hot) 3 way interview with Hinch (and I thought I'd miss hearing the word senator before the name Lazarus), one of Xenophons mob, and naturally a ON rep. He sounded like what you'd expect.....until he was shown some bait with a big, big shiny chemically sharpened hook conspicuously protruding from something a politician wouldn't generally touch due to the stink it coats ones self with. But he grabbed it, gobbed it down and ran, in the meantime throwing up opinions that even Pauline must think are a little cuckoo. Bring back Ricky Muir.

I liked Ricky.

He decided to get up and have a go and say and got elected

And he just an average person. He wasnt rich, wasnt powerfull, wasnt anything really, he was just one of us

He had never owned a suit

He didnt make any outrageous claims or make stupid statements

Its a shame that people like him, who where genuine got the ass and O.N. got in

Truly scary times

The Coalition dug them selves a ******* great big hole that may ultimately haunt them for a long, long time

And they only have themselves to blame

I dont think they will pull another one for a long time

It really did blow up in their face

The diatribe and absolute crap being posted under this topic is unbelievable
Just remember "Slippery Shorten" and Co supported/voted for the changes to the senate vote rules.They just "hoped" that they would do better but unfortunately the electors left them (and the liberals) out in the cold
Rickey and the like got elected into parliament as a result back door deals that the majority of voters didn't know about or agree with. Remember the outrage!! Or are your memories of this outrage dimmed by the passage of time/alcohol
The DD opened the door to a true and full democratic vote on what the electors (yes you and me) wanted in the senate Liberal, Labor, One Nation, Catter party, Xenaphone, Lambie, Hinch, Wilkie to name a few
They were elected as a result of gaining the require number/percentage (quota) of of votes within each state and not some back room deal
Had the DD not been called where each state was required to vote in 12 senators instead of the usual 6 then it is more than likely that more than half of the recent electors preferred representatives outside the two parties would be out looking for a real job. The Government and Opposition would have got close to their numbers just the same by default but the minor representatives such as Lambie, Wilkie etc would have been out the door.
And It goes without saying that "Slippery Shorten" and Co are thanking their lucky stars they didn't win a couple more lower house seats otherwise they would be faced with the same predicament they voted in.

Wobbly, just to clear up a couple points you made. The Labor party didn't support the changes to Senate voting. Their opposition was based on the new paradigm whereby the opposition must oppose everything put forward by the government. It was the support of The Greens that got the legislation over the line. The changes to senate voting had no impact on the reelection of Andrew Wilkie as he sits in the lower house.

Without judgement on the outcome, I feel the changes to senate voting were reasonable.

I had to LOL reading this diatribe, but most particularly RIcky Muir - car something party.
Voted in... make a decisive decision Ricky.... no way, can I hold Kattars hand please, I dont really know what I am doing, but I will sell the unions down the drain to keep Australia Post, Ahmeds.
God riddance Ricky, enjoy your OUR TAXPAYER funded life you dud. What a miserable disgrace for Gippsland and politics.

Wobbly - I sense somehow you wish to justify your own support for ON based on your perspective but unless you also believe in the climate conspiracy notions or adhere to the sovereign citizen grammar bizzo, I think you need to revisit the reasons for your support. By all means elucidate any of those reasons to which you adhere.

manticle said:
Wobbly - I sense somehow you wish to justify your own support for ON based on your perspective but unless you also believe in the climate conspiracy notions or adhere to the sovereign citizen grammar bizzo, I think you need to revisit the reasons for your support. By all means elucidate any of those teasons to which you adhere.
Grammar and punctuation would help too.

Edit - directed at Wobbly. Pre-coffee phone replies on this app......

He's on Insiders atm with Leyonhjelm (Spjelling? There's a rouge j in there somewhere.). Don't think he intends to sit quietly on the cross benches.

I just saw that

He had a go at Lynhjelm ( or hower ever it is splet )

He sounds a bit dangerous

Democracy would work better if politicians were randomly selected from the public IMO. The nutters & self interested types would be minimal and pragmatism would be the done thing.

wobbly said:
The diatribe and absolute crap being posted under this topic is unbelievable
Just remember "Slippery Shorten" and Co supported/voted for the changes to the senate vote rules.They just "hoped" that they would do better but unfortunately the electors left them (and the liberals) out in the cold
Rickey and the like got elected into parliament as a result back door deals that the majority of voters didn't know about or agree with. Remember the outrage!! Or are your memories of this outrage dimmed by the passage of time/alcohol
The DD opened the door to a true and full democratic vote on what the electors (yes you and me) wanted in the senate Liberal, Labor, One Nation, Catter party, Xenaphone, Lambie, Hinch, Wilkie to name a few
They were elected as a result of gaining the require number/percentage (quota) of of votes within each state and not some back room deal
Had the DD not been called where each state was required to vote in 12 senators instead of the usual 6 then it is more than likely that more than half of the recent electors preferred representatives outside the two parties would be out looking for a real job. The Government and Opposition would have got close to their numbers just the same by default but the minor representatives such as Lambie, Wilkie etc would have been out the door.
And It goes without saying that "Slippery Shorten" and Co are thanking their lucky stars they didn't win a couple more lower house seats otherwise they would be faced with the same predicament they voted in.
How many votes did Roberts get again?

Latest posts

Back