Making Labels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Fester

Old, Grumpy and PROUD of it!
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a decent software package that can be used for the making of beer labels, without having to do a double degree in Photoshop?

I stress that the package must be geared toward the graphically challenged.

Thanks in advance,

M :unsure:

Guest Lurker said:
I think Jazman may be an expert in that department.
[post="70795"][/post]​

Thanks - I eagerly await consultation with Jazman.

M

Microsoft Publisher or even Word will do the job if you're not too au fait with Graphics software.

Other than that Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw are very good with a bit of a learning curve.

Warren -

Avery labels also come in a lot of different formats and often have software to accompany them or you can down load it. This may also be an easy option to explore. From memory they have wizards to ease the pain again. I believe I have used the cd ones in a past life and they weren't too hard to use but then the output was a little limited. Depoends how much time you wish to spend on them as to how good they will look.

Borret

My advice is - don't make labels. They just have to be scrubbed off after use. use marker pen with batch no. on the crown seal.

I never remove labels after use. Most of my bottles still have the original labels on them.

Jim - thats my method too. Easy, quick and the bottles remain "gunk" free.

Same here- clean bottle with batch ID on cap. However for christmas case bottles..... I have other ideas in mind.

Borret

fake snow spray with reindeer stencils?

Steve said:
fake snow spray with reindeer stencils?
[post="70826"][/post]​

Awwwrrr darn it,..... I thought I was being original. <_<

No, perhaps another tack.

I know! I know!

Little plastic goats tied around the neck? :rolleyes:

Warren -

Kai said:
I never remove labels after use. Most of my bottles still have the original labels on them.
[post="70822"][/post]​
Just don't mix up the bacardi breezers with the raspberry wheat :D

i have had some stickers made up by warb from AHB - i laminate them and then stick them on my fermenters/kegs/cubes/and above my taps and on magnetic "P" Plates.
This allows me to write on them with Permanent Whiteboard Marker Pen that rubs off with metho.
I can write all about the beeer etc and change it when i put the next keg in/ferment etc.

Will see if i can get some pics to post tonight if anyone is interested.

leaving the labels on bottles can effect the efficiency of some sterilents , chlorine is one that does not like paper etc

Guest Lurker said:
I think Jazman may be an expert in that department.
[post="70795"][/post]​

I think it's time to bring up that pic of Jazmans label once more (I couldn't find it)
Need to show off a true expert.

Batz

Here it is

jazscottish.jpg

:lol:

Beers,
Doc

SteveSA said:
Just don't mix up the bacardi breezers with the raspberry wheat :D
[post="70839"][/post]​

No risk of that, no chick drinks allowed in my fridge! (apart from the wheat, I mean)

Rod said:
leaving the labels on bottles can effect the efficiency of some sterilents , chlorine is one that does not like paper etc
[post="70878"][/post]​

I don't sanitise in bulk like that, I do each bottle individually with a squirt bottle and then with boiling water. The sanitiser never touches the outside.

Back