MAKING BEER FROM KITS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david effer

Reaction score
HI
I WAS WONDERING HAS ANYBODY COME UP WITH A SOLOUTION FOR A CONSTANT HEADACHE WHEN MAKING KIT COOPERS PALE ALE, 23 LITRES INTO A 19 LITRE KEG,COULD IT BE MADE IN 20 LITRE BATCHES AS WE HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED FROM BOTTLES TO KEGS AND WHAT RATIO DO YOU USE SUGARS, IS SUGAR AS GOOD AS DEXTROSE OR BREW ENHANCER,
WE HAVE BEEN BREWING THIS SAME BEER FOR OVER 20 YEARS MORE OR LESS SINCE WE STOPPED BREWING BRIGALOW AND HAVE PERFECTED THE BOTTLING, BUT THIS KEGGING HAS BEEN A CONSTANT SOURCE OF LEARNING.
THANKS FOR ANY INFO..

HI
I WAS WONDERING HAS ANYBODY COME UP WITH A SOLOUTION FOR A CONSTANT HEADACHE WHEN MAKING KIT COOPERS PALE ALE, 23 LITRES INTO A 19 LITRE KEG,COULD IT BE MADE IN 20 LITRE BATCHES AS WE HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED FROM BOTTLES TO KEGS AND WHAT RATIO DO YOU USE SUGARS, IS SUGAR AS GOOD AS DEXTROSE OR BREW ENHANCER,
WE HAVE BEEN BREWING THIS SAME BEER FOR OVER 20 YEARS MORE OR LESS SINCE WE STOPPED BREWING BRIGALOW AND HAVE PERFECTED THE BOTTLING, BUT THIS KEGGING HAS BEEN A CONSTANT SOURCE OF LEARNING.
THANKS FOR ANY INFO..
Maybe try rephrasing your question and try using lower case.
If brewing 23 litres, fill the keg and either bottle or tip the rest. I usually brew about 22 litres, which after sampling and kegging leaves a small amount of beer and trub to toss out.
With regard to sugar, you won't need it for the keg, and should be using malt or at least some of the other enhancer products for brewing.
All imo.
Good luck

theres a spreadsheet HERE...
i don't bother about it in just make it up to 20 litres when i do use kits ....or put the extra into bottles.

So much shouting ....
Anyway I make them up to approx 21l in the fermenter and that gives a full keg of beer leaving the trub behind.
If you are worried about higher ABV just reduce any sugar you're adding by 10%

Back