• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Maken Stuff For The Brewery

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
This morning I got up and had to replace a stc1000 from the brewery, due to one failing on the HLT. It's been buzzing when ever a number 8 is displayed for a while, and last brew it started to cut completely out after a minute or two. Got that done, and tested.

I've spent money building a recirculating system with a heat exchanger to maintain mash temps etc, but if I'm loosing too much heat the wort is cooling, then getting reheated; possibly not good for consistent beer. It got me thinking about insulating some bits to help keep a nice consistent temp in the mash. I've got basic insulation already on the HLT and mash tun, but have noted a lot of heat loss from the hoses.

So I got on my black Triumph shirt, and got out the trusty ebay sewing machine. The wife is out, so no-one to tell me not to cut up a towel for material, and I made a couple of hose insulators.

The towel happened to be the perfect length for the hoses. Although I only needed two, there was enough to make three, so one hose will have a double layer to towel (as pictured)

04032012924.jpg

So what other cool ideas are people playing with lately?

QldKev

booargy

Reaction score
Made this so I could watch the wort going to kettle.
siteglass.jpg

Latest posts