Make One Of These

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warb

Reaction score
5galp002-3.jpg

I can get these from the us, and I have seen a couple on ebay, has anybody here made a pair like this?.. of should i just grab them from the US and save the hassle??

http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item83949.ctlg <- Less the keg...

i would say just get it from the US, but also them Co2 bulbs dont last that long (i recall 2 per keg) so that might become expencive

however the Sodastream is much bigger and refillable at K-mart (swap over) so maybe thats a better option

no matter you would be the coolest kid at a party with that baby !
most likly the drunkest also...

Brewers discount
Easy azz , I ordered two of those taps , had them at my door in a week , postage $9.00 !
It would cost me more than that to have them shipped from Perth

only looked around a little, $5 each from www.deanwoods.com.au .. also see them at www.cecilwalker.com.au .. but the omes from walker are 16gram, the ones from woods are 12gram,

Talking to the guy at woods told me that they only come in 12gram...

Gout said:
however the Sodastream is much bigger and refillable at K-mart (swap over) so maybe thats a better option
im a garage sale hound, and still have not found one... im still looking tho!...

Batz said:
Brewers discount
Easy azz , I ordered two of those taps , had them at my door in a week , postage $9.00 !
It would cost me more than that to have them shipped from Perth
Batz,

What was the damage on the taps? Can you use the tap on a font or are they a different fitting?

Cheers,
Jase

You can see the taps and all their stuff on the website , prices are there.
The taps will fit fonts , have to be the correct ones , you can buy through fridge bulk heads for them too.
I use mine on a couple of 3 gallon kegs I got of them as well , I don't use the bulbs.

the lhbs up this way sells them for an entry kegging system, i would say you can get them in oz, however cost etc might be a little extreme.

Batz said:
You can see the taps and all their stuff on the website , prices are there.
The taps will fit fonts , have to be the correct ones , you can buy through fridge bulk heads for them too.
I use mine on a couple of 3 gallon kegs I got of them as well , I don't use the bulbs.
Thanks Batz,

The website doesn't what the tap are made from, are they chrome or stainless?

Cheers,
Jase

Chromed brass

when you get sick of looking at sales for the "old soda stream" bottle, I think these are harder to refill? swap over??

anyway i bought a brand new one for $30 odd dollars at K-mart
too easy..
(note you will then need a reg, unless you like HEAPS of pressure ;) )

Anyone still selling the adpaters for the soda stream bottle to affix to a standard regulator?

I'm sure Sosman would have some ideas.

Cheers
MAH

MAH,
Colin Marshall at Brew Your Own At Home (BYOAH) in Kambah ACT was selling the adaptors for around $50 plus postage (02 6296 1412). I think Craig Deacon at Keg Systems sells an adaptor that comes complete with gas line and disconnect for about $153...

I am about to get a freebie sodastream bottle from a workmate that I will swap over at the local newsagent who doubles as a distributor! $11 a refill and no hire charges will do me just fine! I might have to pay a $20 swap fee for the bottle - but I'm not sure...Either way, it's still a good deal.

Cheers,
TL

PM Hoops first , see if he can help you out , I have one from him , well made little beauty

Batz

MAH said:
Anyone still selling the adpaters for the soda stream bottle to affix to a standard regulator?

I'm sure Sosman would have some ideas.
I just made one for my self. A few of the others in here have done the same thing.

Ultimate Air in Perth have them in stock for $35
Its actually a modfied nut and tail tail to screw into your regulator. Unless you have a lathe in your shed like Sosman its not worth stuffing around with at that price. And $11 refills on sodastream but their adapter will not fill the old metal bottles (it doesnt push the schraeder valve in enough on the old bottles) dont ask me how i know!

Cheers

I could make one too , but for $30 I could be bothered , the bottle thread as well was a bit of a drama

Batz

Back