Magnetic pump specs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hefty

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking for a magnetic drive pump for a brauduino setup and I came across this on Ali Express:
Link
Would this be sufficient for recirc in a 40L crown urn? It has similar specs to the Keg King version and comes with stainless head at this price (!) but it is only 10w not 25w so I'm not sure if it will have enough grunt?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers!
Jono.

That's really confusing as the rated voltage is 100/110V and rated current 150mA (0.15A).

Power = Voltage x Amps so Rated Power should be 15-16.5W....

It also has "Max" specs written there two so wonder if that is for 220V at 60Hz... The difference in Hz that we have will only effect the RPM and therefore head and flow specs from what I understand.

I'm looking at my original green Keg King motor and the specs on the nameplate are identical to the one you linked except for the current and voltage. They're teh same pump. Will absolutely be adequate for what you want however, the one you've listed is 110V/US so if you're in Australia don't buy it.
Now if you're interested...

I've noticed there are a couple of errors on both motor stickers.
RPM: 2600 / 3000 for 50/60 Hz respectively. My motor has 2 poles on the specs. A 2 pole 50 Hz capacitor motor will run at 3000 RPM (just below this in practice) so the label is wrong.
Rated power: 10 W. As DJ states P = VI so at max rated current rated power = 15 W.
It's important to note that the power depends on work. The more fluid a given centrifugal pump is moving the more power it will draw. Hence the more you choke it off or the higher it is trying to pump (i.e. more head) the lower the power draw.

I'm looking at my original green Keg King motor and the specs on the nameplate are identical to the one you linked except for the current and voltage. They're teh same pump. Will absolutely be adequate for what you want however, the one you've listed is 110V/US so if you're in Australia don't buy it.
Now if you're interested...

RPM: 2600 / 3000 for 50/60 Hz respectively. My motor has 2 poles on the specs. A 2 pole 50 Hz capacitor motor will run at 3000 RPM (just below this in practice) so the label is wrong.
Rated power: 10 W. As DJ states P = VI so at max rated current rated power = 15 W.
It's important to note that the power depends on work. The more fluid a given centrifugal pump is moving the more power it will draw. Hence the more you choke it off or the higher it is trying to pump (i.e. more head) the lower the power draw.
Thanks guys. The label errors don't surprise me. What i find most interesting is that the examples of the keg king pump I've found online say that it is 25w! So the difference between 10w and 15w is less of a concern for me if it is still up to the task. There's an option on the ad to choose a 220v au plug so if the rest of the specs match then I will go with it.

Cheers!
Jono.

Not really, 10 - 15% slip is not uncommon with very small single phase induction motors because there isn't much current to energise the rotor.

My experience with very small motors is limited, but 13% seems excessive. I could strobe mine if there is anything to achieve by doing it.

You interested in a slightly used March Pump?

Back