Magic Box?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filby

Reaction score
Hi

While I was out decommissioning a A/C unit at a pub that's going through renovations I came across a box with a lid and a beer tap out the side..about the size of a two cartons of coopers. Anyway asked the owner what he was doing with it and he said he would be happy to have it disappear. So got it home and cleaned the leaves and dust out of it. Inside there was a plate about 30mm thick and the width/length of the box, that the beer in/out was connected to. On it was written Cornelius. I assume its a plate heat exchanger but cant find any info online about it. Anyone seen one of these units and know much about them?

Cheers

Fil

Hi

While I was out decommissioning a A/C unit at a pub that's going through renovations I came across a box with a lid and a beer tap out the side..about the size of a two cartons of coopers. Anyway asked the owner what he was doing with it and he said he would be happy to have it disappear. So got it home and cleaned the leaves and dust out of it. Inside there was a plate about 30mm thick and the width/length of the box, that the beer in/out was connected to. On it was written Cornelius. I assume its a plate heat exchanger but cant find any info online about it. Anyone seen one of these units and know much about them?

Cheers

Fil

Sounds like a miracle box aka jockey box ;)

Bit like this?

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/jockey-box...ncluded-328228/

Yerp the plate heat exchanger looks similar but mine looks in better condition :). I'm actually building a 1.5kW temprite 2 font portable beer cooler as we speak so not really interested in a magic box. Might clean it up and flog it off if its worth anything?

Fil

Yerp the plate heat exchanger looks similar but mine looks in better condition :). I'm actually building a 1.5kW temprite 2 font portable beer cooler as we speak so not really interested in a magic box. Might clean it up and flog it off if its worth anything?

Fil

how big is the plate?

Nice pickup from the giftshop booargy :rolleyes:

Back