Mad Monk - Fremantle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds good but it looks like its being set up purely for profit rather than as a result of brewing passion like alot of the micros around the place. Richard Moroney i tihnk is the current head brewer at the sail and anchor so it will be interesting too see what he can come up with. I hope they try some belgian styles!

sounds good but it looks like its being set up purely for profit rather than as a result of brewing passion like alot of the micros around the place. Richard Moroney i tihnk is the current head brewer at the sail and anchor so it will be interesting too see what he can come up with. I hope they try some belgian styles!
It may take a while to get this one up. I understand that their application for a liquor license was rejected but they may be able to now apply for another class of license in light of recent changes to liquor licensing in WA.

In other WA micro news:
*Nail Ale looks set for a return to pubs and perhaps bottle shops too. Nail man John Stallwoood has been brewing recently at Jarrah Jacks and he's doing a deal there that will allow him to use their kit to brew and pack his own label.
*Cowarramup Brewing is progressing well. Shiny new 8hl DME brewhouse has arrived and my guess would be a late summer opening.
*Not much action at Saracin Estate. They have a 12hl kit and plan to brew under the Duckstein brand.
*Empire Beer Group have their prospectus out there (can download from their web page) and are progressing well with their acquisition of Colonial Margaret River and the building of Colonial Fremantle. Exciting times.

It may take a while to get this one up. I understand that their application for a liquor license was rejected but they may be able to now apply for another class of license in light of recent changes to liquor licensing in WA.

In other WA micro news:
*Nail Ale looks set for a return to pubs and perhaps bottle shops too. Nail man John Stallwoood has been brewing recently at Jarrah Jacks and he's doing a deal there that will allow him to use their kit to brew and pack his own label.
*Cowarramup Brewing is progressing well. Shiny new 8hl DME brewhouse has arrived and my guess would be a late summer opening.
*Not much action at Saracin Estate. They have a 12hl kit and plan to brew under the Duckstein brand.
*Empire Beer Group have their prospectus out there (can download from their web page) and are progressing well with their acquisition of Colonial Margaret River and the building of Colonial Fremantle. Exciting times.

hopefully it wont take them too long to get things going, the more the better... as long as all these new ones dont copy every one elses styles but try new things.

Vlad: The kit for the Mad Monk brewery at the old Miss Mauds site is the old Nail Ale kit from Bobby Dazlers.

Ash: I agree. Chuck Hahn often used to quip that innovation was just copying quickly. We hope to do some fun and new things at the Fremantle brewery including a home-brew comp with the winner getting to scale-up and make his/her own 20hl brew and drink for free until it's gone.

I think we probably have to wait for them to build the place to get details. But when they do....I'm in!

Surely Colonial could offer a comp now?

I'm sure there'd be a few brewers who would make the trip to Margaret River to take their prize... :p

Latest posts

Back