Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
I have read that Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe has been released; just wondering if anyone has seen bottles on the shelf at any stores.

I have stumbled upon the last two Mad Brewers releases at Dan Murphys, so thought I would ask 2 close by stores if they were getting the latest one in - my expectations must be too high, as I got a funny look each time as they did not know what this was, could not remember having previous releases, and did not know (or have any way of finding out) if they will be getting the latest through..... and the second contact was the store manager :(

I have read that Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe has been released; just wondering if anyone has seen bottles on the shelf at any stores.

I have stumbled upon the last two Mad Brewers releases at Dan Murphys, so thought I would ask 2 close by stores if they were getting the latest one in - my expectations must be too high, as I got a funny look each time as they did not know what this was, could not remember having previous releases, and did not know (or have any way of finding out) if they will be getting the latest through..... and the second contact was the store manager :(

Matt, the local here had an order in, delivery date was Feb 8 but it didn't arrive :mellow:

Screwy

It was being released on 6th Feb, the bottle-o I work for has ordered 32 cases and we've been told that is all we'll get. All the stock has been allocated so I'd suggest snapping up a box to avoid disappointment.

I'm hoping to see it on Wed/Thurs when we get our main delivery in.

I saw pallets of the stuff here in launceston in the warehouse. We had an order for the crown cellars in bathurst street for thurs but it didnt arrive. My bet is we will have it on the shelves this week, Iv heard its along the lines of the 8wired saison sauvin.....i hope thats accurate as thats a top drop!

There's an add in the latest beer and brewer mag which says the national release date is Feb 14.

I saw pallets of the stuff here in launceston in the warehouse. We had an order for the crown cellars in bathurst street for thurs but it didnt arrive. My bet is we will have it on the shelves this week, Iv heard its along the lines of the 8wired saison sauvin.....i hope thats accurate as thats a top drop!

It's a Hopfenweisse. I don't think they brewed it with a Saison yeast, so I don't think it will be much like Saison Sauvin.

It's a Hopfenweisse. I don't think they brewed it with a Saison yeast, so I don't think it will be much like Saison Sauvin.

Obviously mate, i was talking about the hop profile, "hoppy" hef.....

For any Brisbane home brewers, dont expect to find any at Archive, apparently 'none were allocated'...

I hope to see it in shop in the next 7 - 10 days. Trying it on Tuesday on draught :) Looking forward to it. Stock has already been allocated out to what i am aware. Though, in the past the brewery down the road has had some sneaky cartons hanging around.

The design is great for this one, and even though the stout was a good seller, this is a more approachable style. Suprised i didn't see the crazy Mad Brewers Cider they have in bottles...maybe only i missed out?

"COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Oh those lazy days of Summer.... perfect for sipping a German style wheat beer.... NOT! Mad brewers think a wheat beer can have bold lashings of hop aroma & flavour and be all the better for it. Our first offering this year is the Hoppy Hefe. A robust beast taking the best of the German style Hefeweizen and mating it with an American Wheat Wine. Enjoy it while you can!"

On tap now @ Yardhouse if your around Capitol Square apparently. Odd they have it on tap prior to the 14th. If it wasn't meant to be it's likely they would loose their allowance next year.

There's an add in the latest beer and brewer mag which says the national release date is Feb 14.

Asked about it at Dans at Noosa yesterday.................Huh......... :blink: never heard of Mad Brewers Beer!!!! Will check the computer................ nah mate none!!!

At least I know that Thirsty Camel Gympie have some on order!!!!!

Screwy

Thanks for the info campo133,

I will be in on Saturday to pick up a few bottles and refill my Growler.

Asked about it at Dans at Noosa yesterday.................Huh......... :blink: never heard of Mad Brewers Beer!!!! Will check the computer................ nah mate none!!!

Screwy

I wonder when that will arrive Mike? I'll drop in the next time I'm in town and check them out, must say they seem very helpful in there.

Batz

Screwy

Quite pathetic from a liquor retailer claiming to be 'Beer & Wine Experts'. In all fairness however, there would not be any other liquor retailers local to myself, that would be able to do any better.

Quite pathetic from a liquor retailer claiming to be 'Beer & Wine Experts'. In all fairness however, there would not be any other liquor retailers local to myself, that would be able to do any better.

I'm not shocked at all. It's not the venue, it's how Tooheys operates. Products like MB come from the "craft" sector of Tooheys. They seem to have little market penetration into their own industry for product awareness. Though, at a venue level it's a little suprising to see nobody told anybody about it. You would have thought a department manager in beer would know what's going on.

I wonder when that will arrive Mike? I'll drop in the next time I'm in town and check them out, must say they seem very helpful in there.

Batz

Scott (AHB Roboscot) from Thirsty Camel on River Rd (Bruce Hwy) stocks some good stuff at times.
It was being released on 6th Feb, the bottle-o I work for has ordered 32 cases and we've been told that is all we'll get. All the stock has been allocated so I'd suggest snapping up a box to avoid disappointment.

I'm hoping to see it on Wed/Thurs when we get our main delivery in.

That should be today or tomorrow Jeff.

Got the same response from Dans at Noosa when I asked about Scribbly Gum last year. Thirsty Camel Gympie stocked it for months.

Yeah just like Woolworths claim to be the "fresh food people" <_<

I had some of this on tap at the JS Brewhouse last week. It was seriously nice!

Also had some of their limited release cider - made from fresh juice, nice and cloudy and bl00dy delicious.

I also had it last Thursday at JS Portland. Highly recommended. Absolutely loved it.

Wouldn't have pegged it as a wheat though. It felt more like an IPA - the citra was off the charts, just gorgeous. Great match to B Saaz.

My only complaint was the beer was served bloody cold - I reckon about 3C :eek: Had I let it warm properly, might have picked up more wheat.
Certainly didn't think it was 7% - I was thinking more 5.9% or 6% so good job there, too.

Again, thought it was gorgeous. Highly creative. Hats off to those Mad Brewers.
JS Brewer's Blog
BrewsNews Article

Cheers

Bloody nice drop. I had the joy of sampling quite a few schooners at The Fox Hotels craft beer festival on Australia day.
Well done Mad Brewers on creating an awesome drop.
I just hope we will be able to find it on the shelves for sale.

Back