Lucky Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer slayer

Reaction score
Hi all

A mate of mine introduced me to a new beer called " Lucky Beer " (luckydrinkco.com) just wondering If anyone has tried it (or heard about it) and what your thoughts are on it?

:beer:
BS

:lol:

Is that the one with the Buddha shaped bottle? My mate had one of them last night. I looked at the bottle, all the label said was it was "beer". It was opened, smelled, sipped gingerly then promptly fed to the plants. Poor plants.

Smelled like it was off, tasted kinda funky, was only bought recently though. So my thoughts are; nice looking bottle, not willing to test another one though.

I am with adam on this one. Nice bottle, shame about the beer :eek:

Worse than average, the only beer I have never finished. Absolute crap! Nice bottle though.
AC

Anyone know where to get these in sydney? Seems worth it for the bottle alone.

Bought one, tipped the beer out after one taste and gave the bottle away too.

Bloggers are not always beer nerds. My brother, neither blogger nor beer nerd, recently got in on the $20/case Byron Bay Ale deal. Because he bought 10 cases, he had to enjoy the beer, even tho it is stale, tastes of honey and light strike, (probably the same as lucky beer?? Slow turnover, green glass...)

My point? Um, the bloggers feel a need to say how tops the beer is because they have never tasted stale beer before and paid so much for it? Also looking at the funky bottle might enhance their perception of the beer??.

Love the last reply on this blog:
http://www.freshread.com/archives/2005/09/21/lucky-beer/
Is that someone from here?

Back