Lpg @ Bunnings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ran out of gas mid boil.didn't you :p Been there done that.

Done that as well...so I just fermented as normal.

A beer judge would say 'A great example of a style with an excellent precense of DMS'.

The local BBQ Galore went from 25 to 30 for a refill. They make you wait a good half hour, presumably to get you to buy something you don't need.
They do have free fill every 4 or 5 but still exy.

Don't know if it helps you people in perth, but I got a 9kg bottle filled the other day for $15 from Rays Outdoors. Maybe just Geelong though.

Rays around Melbourne does them for $20, or a little bit off that if you are a member of their club. Full 9kg refill of your own bottle while you wait. I'll be paying them a visit again tomorrow as I've just run out.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to refill my backup bottle , as primary bottle is running low.

Phoned my $20 refill shop, but they'll be closed by the time I can get there. Went to the next best place ($25 per refill), but when I got there they only were offering the ridiculously over-priced $35 swap bottles (you know the ones). Apparently, they only refill on week days (or is that weak days?).
Decided not to purchase there. So I figured, if I'm gonna get screwed, I'll give the money to the local petrol station. Support the locals, etc. Still cost $34.50 and I plan not to make a habit of that - as now they have my newish bottle, and who knows what I have. I know they're all tested and valid (*scoff).
Nasty business, effing rude prices, evil bastards, etc...

Les out
I had to visit the local petrol station recently as I was desperate and running short on time. ($35 bucks again).

I swear if I have to do this again, I will throw my wallet aside, lie face-down down on the floor, and lace my fingers together behind my head, as is the custom when you are about to get robbed.

Yep, I resurrected an old thread. I DO that!

Les out

There are cheaper ways to refill your gas bottles - but its not quite legal <_<

There are cheaper ways to refill your gas bottles - but its not quite legal <_<
That's probably because it's not quite safe.

I'm sure someone posted here about how to fill ur LPG bottle with Autogas, which is not the same gas blend at all.
I think that post was pulled.

It may have changed in the last 10 years but when I was working at a service station, we filled the 9kg bbq bottles, 45kg house bottles from the same tank that did the autogas. I am not encouraging people to undertake illegal activity, just saying this is how it was back then.
Cheers
Robbo

I believe it is a different gas blend but it still does the job fine. But yeah, not legal for the general public to be doing it.

Its also possible to fill your bbq gas bottles from a 45kg house cylinder if you have a full one sitting around. I'd assume there is no law against that?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Do Bunnings and other places refill those swap gas bottles you get from servo's? I swaped my gas bottle i bought with the bbq.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Do Bunnings and other places refill those swap gas bottles you get from servo's? I swaped my gas bottle i bought with the bbq.

Yes, they do! Just did two bottles for $19 bucks each the other day - Bargain!

Compared to $36 each at at Shell Servo...

The new store competing with Bunnings; Master Home Improvement is doing 9kg swop 'n' go for $19.95.
I've got 2 bottles coz I hate to run out.

Hey Frothie, I keen to broaden my understanding . . . just for interest sake can you PM me?

The new store competing with Bunnings; Master Home Improvement is doing 9kg swop 'n' go for $19.95.
I've got 2 bottles coz I hate to run out.

Hey Frothie, I keen to broaden my understanding . . . just for interest sake can you PM me?
Phone masters confirm price. Then ask bunnings would they price match masters they beat it by 10% I have done this the last 4 refills works out about $17. They always phone so have masters number handy for them.

Phone masters confirm price. Then ask bunnings would they price match masters they beat it by 10% I have done this the last 4 refills works out about $17. They always phone so have masters number handy for them.

You my friend are a genious :beerbang:

You my friend are a genious :beerbang:
Thanks Rowy shall allow one man hug on Saturday. Just head straight to the info desk it will save pissing about with a cashier ;)

Thanks Rowy shall allow one man hug on Saturday. Just head straight to the info desk it will save pissing about with a cashier ;)

Naturally that will be a man hug with a minimum of 10cm clear space between groins my friend.........I'm not into that stuff Winkle and NickB get up to :ph34r:

Hmmm, accusations like that may contribute to drunken retribution on swap night. May.....

:ph34r:

you beautie, thumbs up, will give it a go on next refill, been paying 30 for 8.5kg

BBQs Galore in Capalaba have been advertising refills for $19 lately.

BBQs Galore in Capalaba have been advertising refills for $19 lately.

That's where I've been filling up Clutch! They make you wait a fair while on the weekends though.

Back