Low Range C02 Low Pressure Gauge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowanb

Reaction score
I was looking at information about low-range C02 low-pressure gauges and came across some information on the US Micromatic site.
http://www.micromatic.com/keg-beer-blog/in...gauge-accurate/

"Preferably, to acquire more precise adjustments, use a regulator that has a 0-30 PSI gauge range. Instrumentation such as a 0-30 PSI gauge is more accurate mid-range than those with a 0-60 range. Micro Matic now offers a 0-30 PSI gauge as a replacement "

I've not seen anything similar on the AU micromatic website. Does anyone know of an Australian equivalent to the US gauge?

thanks
rowan

Hey Rowan, your best bet would be to try an industrial hose and fittings /welding gas supply mob, they ussually carry a good range of pressure gauges. You should be able to get one in the range you want. Will probably be better quality and cheaper than the micromatic ones. I would recommend getting a liquid filled gauge they tend to be able to take a bit more of a beating than other ones. I bought one last weekend after my third micromatic gauge. Just make sure you get the same thread and that the guage is ok for co2, thread is 1/4" bsp or npt on the low pressure side for micromatic regs i think the high pressure is a reverse thread.

IFS try this link should be a good place to start.

Cheers

Big E

Thanks E - that's really useful information

Hey Rowan, your best bet would be to try an industrial hose and fittings /welding gas supply mob, they ussually carry a good range of pressure gauges. You should be able to get one in the range you want. Will probably be better quality and cheaper than the micromatic ones. I would recommend getting a liquid filled gauge they tend to be able to take a bit more of a beating than other ones. I bought one last weekend after my third micromatic gauge. Just make sure you get the same thread and that the guage is ok for co2, thread is 1/4" bsp or npt on the low pressure side for micromatic regs i think the high pressure is a reverse thread.

IFS try this link should be a good place to start.

Cheers

Big E

Hey Rowan, did you ever find one available in Oz with the Micromatic right hand thread? I'm ideally looking for a 0-20psi range.

Cheers, Pete

I was looking at information about low-range C02 low-pressure gauges and came across some information on the US Micromatic site.
http://www.micromatic.com/keg-beer-blog/in...gauge-accurate/

"Preferably, to acquire more precise adjustments, use a regulator that has a 0-30 PSI gauge range. Instrumentation such as a 0-30 PSI gauge is more accurate mid-range than those with a 0-60 range. Micro Matic now offers a 0-30 PSI gauge as a replacement "

I've not seen anything similar on the AU micromatic website. Does anyone know of an Australian equivalent to the US gauge?

thanks
rowan

Latest posts

Back