Low cost keg set up for a beginner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cummy

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering the price range for a secondhand keg setup? I don't want to spend too much until I get a little more experienced. Just a beer gun and perhaps two kegs. Also I notice that a large cost is the gas bottle. Could I use a soda stream bottle then upgrade down the track? Would I get 60l per refill.

Thanks

Hi,

This doesn't 100% answer your questions, But i just finished installing a setup for a mate for a fridge in his shed.
Ended up costing $250 for a keg, perlick flow control tap, regulator, sodastream adaptor, beer line and disconnects.
That gets him a single tap single keg setup. The main problem with the sodastream setup is that if you force carb with it, you will chew through it pretty quick.
I carb the beer up for my mate, then drop the keg off. So he only uses the soda stream to pour. Works well for him.

Kegs are normally about $80ish.

Hope that helps

Neo__04 said:
Hi,

This doesn't 100% answer your questions, But i just finished installing a setup for a mate for a fridge in his shed.
Ended up costing $250 for a keg, perlick flow control tap, regulator, sodastream adaptor, beer line and disconnects.
That gets him a single tap single keg setup. The main problem with the sodastream setup is that if you force carb with it, you will chew through it pretty quick.
I carb the beer up for my mate, then drop the keg off. So he only uses the soda stream to pour. Works well for him.

Kegs are normally about $80ish.

Hope that helps
You could also bulk prime you kegs ti save ha ing to force carb unless you want drink immediately of course

Just look out for bargains. I picked up 3 kegs plus a gas bottle, all the connections plus more for $170 a few months back.

Latest posts

Back