Low Carb Or Low Cal Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
As the missis sits there, watching me drink beer after beer, I get the lecture "your drinking too much beer, your getting fat" etc etc

SO my question to you is, does anyone know how I could make a full strength beer but with lower carbs or caleries/kilojules?

I wouldn't care so much but I know the missis is right, the scales tell me so.. ha ha :p

CHEERS
SD :D

PS: an example would be the new Pure Blonde by CUB - Low carb beer

SD,

Try tooheys maxxum..........then you might think about exersise..... :lol: :lol:

( :p in cheek)

cheers

there is a new low carb commercial beer out as well. carlton blond.

YEP! It all started for me when i loss about 20kg's on the Atkins diet. Thats that low /no carb. diet. Anyway, just after i lost the weight my Mrs got me my first Coopers H.B. Kit. (go figure) Anyway still being low carb aware i did my first couple of brews using some type of Dry Enzyme additive that enables the yeast to convert more of the sugar into alcohol, thus reducing the sugar left in the beer, thus a low carb beer. Thus, thus thus.
As a direct result from these trials i have now fed all remaining packs of this 'DRY ENZYME" along with any of those Coopers carbonation drops, to next doors dog, and now brew full ALL GRAINERS. "THE BIGGER THE BETTER.
So my advise is, if you like dry, watery, thin, crappy beer, go stock up on the DRY ENZYME and it to your brew, or (like i do) do a little exercise, dont eat to much crap and make some top beer and enjoy.

SJW said:
YEP! It all started for me when i loss about 20kg's on the Atkins diet. Thats that low /no carb. diet. Anyway, just after i lost the weight my Mrs got me my first Coopers H.B. Kit. (go figure) Anyway still being low carb aware i did my first couple of brews using some type of Dry Enzyme additive that enables the yeast to convert more of the sugar into alcohol, thus reducing the sugar left in the beer, thus a low carb beer. Thus, thus thus.
As a direct result from these trials i have now fed all remaining packs of this 'DRY ENZYME" along with any of those Coopers carbonation drops, to next doors dog, and now brew full ALL GRAINERS. "THE BIGGER THE BETTER.
So my advise is, if you like dry, watery, thin, crappy beer, go stock up on the DRY ENZYME and it to your brew, or (like i do) do a little exercise, dont eat to much crap and make some top beer and enjoy.
Thanks SJW, sounds like I will still give the DRY ENZYME a go and see what I think about it. As it is a very watery beer could I maybe conpensate this by adding less sugar and more of a brew bag with corn syrup and light malt instead? would this help a little?

any suggestions for ingredients with a can + extras.

Thanks

You can try lots of things, but as most of the guys on this site would agree, Its does not do a beer any favours. I think if u just stick to making lighter style beers and not drinking too much that would be better. As i have never tasted a great Dry Enzyme beer. As i said, give it a go with a Coopers kit or the like, but i would not spoil a big AGer with it. Also by adding more of a brew bag with corn syrup & Light malt you are just adding for fermentables. More sugar for the Dry Enzyme to convert to alcohol. ROCKET FUEL TIME.
Anyway i dont think i am the best person to give advise, as i dont like it. Maybe one of the other boys has got another view.

GOOD LUCK

STEPHEN

It got a little dry and didn't taste very good.

The dog hates me now. Won't come near me.

couldn't you just chuck wine or champayne yeast in it to get more of the sugar my mate did that a few times on his search for the highest alchol not sure how they turned out tho

You could, jimbro, but it would end up not tasting so much like beer. If you're brewing all-grain or partial-mash beers, the easiest option is to mash really low to get an attenuative wort and/or to use a highly attenuative beer yeast.

Slugger dog I kow where you are comming from. Beer is packing on the kgs on my gut. We should have a brissy brewers walking club, walk and chat about brewing at the same time.

When you go on that walk make sure you take the portable KEG and a couple of glasses!
Cheers 15bl :beer:
PS: You might want to take that DOG for a walk as well.

You would have to make a low-alcohol beer if you want it to not put on fat. Alcohol in itself is fattening.

cheers
Darren

Back