Low Carb Fad Hits Supermarkets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JestersDarts

I (heart) Darts
Reaction score
IMG_5260.JPG

I can understand a low-carb potato, because you can eat something healthy and have less carbs.

Low-carb beer still makes absolutely no sense, since all of the low-carb beers are chemically infused fructose lagers, so even if you are having less carbs (and drinking six beers anyway!), you are still putting a big pile of shit into your body.

I can understand a low-carb potato
I can't. Low GI, maybe. Carbs are all potatoes are good for (unless, you know, you deep fry them then flavour them with other stuff, or mash them and load them with butter).

So i can have extra bacon bits with it now ?

atleast they are advertising something that actually has a significant amount of carbs in it to advertise as low carb as opposed to just splitting the market and selling to idiots.

I hope it's not a fad, as in a dietary sense it is highly effective. I won't go into details, but I will say that unless you understand the science (at least on a basic level) then don't knock it. The website linked is not about low carb dieting - it is about nutrition science and practice in general (as well as body recomposition, obviously).

My wife was told she was infertile, which had proven true for 5 years - then we caught wind that a no carb diet could help and BAM she was pregnant a month later. Kind of irrelevant, but I think it's pretty amazing.

From a weight loss perspective, my wife and I both had great success with low carb diets.

I can understand a low-carb potato, because you can eat something healthy and have less carbs.

Really?

What about low carb broccoli?

Spinach?

Apples?

Low/no carb wank is exactly that. Some carbohydrates are essential for good nutrition. To start ******* around trying to remove them from vegetables for a marketting gimmick is stupid.

You want to cut out shit that stodges you up and makes you fat? (Not really directed at you Lukie). Cut out refined and overprocessed foods like white bread, white sugar, high sugar breakfast cereals, confectionery and so on. Eat lean/game type meats and loads of fresh fruit and vegetables and get some exercise and lo- watch the weight fall off.

Low carb potato my arse. Bet it tastes like eating a polystyrene apple.

Old news. Coles have their own low carb brand potato.

Meh wait for veg to be labeled 99% fat free.

Although whose for fooling newbies into brewing low carb beers and telling tgem it needs low carb potatos!! :ph34r:

Is low carb beer just flat?

Does that mean the market might begin to see low carb vodka?

Please sweet baby jesus no....

Back