Lord Nelson - The Rocks (nsw)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveee

Reaction score
Well I guess you could call this a pub review.

Well anyway on Saturday night I started a pub crawl at Lord Nelsons at the Rocks. It is all the way up the end of Argyle St.

It's an oldish style pub, I only stayed on the bottom floor. Not THAT much seating but wooden floors and good ambience. Around the back of the bar there is a room with a big glass window and it has 4 large fermenters in it.

Now the beers, they were all $6.20 for a pint.

I'll admit, this was my first try of dark beers.

Old Admiral. It was a dogbolter. Quite malty. 6.7%. This was my first beer of the night and boy was it a good one. I really loved the malty taste and with a pint of it in my belly, I was feeling good.

3 Sheets - Some sort of amber ale. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I didn't really like it.

Nelsons Blood - A porter, quite nice, however not as nice as the Old Admiral.

That's all the brews I tried there.

Well It was a good pub with some good beer! I suggest you go and check it out!

Davee,

It's a pub I should frquent more often - not many about that brew their own. I was down at Eastern Suburbs Brewery in Sydney on Sat morning and there were 2 of us chatting away to the owner, Mel. It turned out that the other guy, Damon, is the new Brewmeister at the Nelson. Have to get my lardy arse down there and re-introduce myself - maybe get a tour of the brewery. And a sample or two...

Paddy's at Flemington Markets also has a good range of their own brewed on premise beers.

Latest posts

Back