Looking To Mix It Up A Bit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deano2469

Reaction score
hey guys.
I am thinking of mixing two styles of beer together to make something different.I have heard of the twocan but that seams to be making 23 liters with two kits.I always make a double brew as i keg and make 46 liters at a time.I only make mid strength so use 1 kg dextrose for the mix, usually ending up with around 4%.I have been using different hops to play around a bit and the beers are great.I am wondering if mixing two kits together would be a mistake or not.If anyone has done it or has any advice, please let me know.I always use coopers kits till now, tried a few others and found not to be as good.Found a bacchus and barley brand...anyone used them? are they worth a try?

Cheers

Deano :icon_chickcheers:

erm... thats alota dex... personally I would be reducing the dex and adding LDME instead.. kilo or such.. reduce the dex to 500g tops..

if you have alook in the BATTLE OF THE TUCANS topic you will find that many mix 2 different cans.

Plenty of info in there.

Good luck and happy reading

Yob

erm... thats alota dex... personally I would be reducing the dex and adding LDME instead.. kilo or such.. reduce the dex to 500g tops..

if you have alook in the BATTLE OF THE TUCANS topic you will find that many mix 2 different cans.

Plenty of info in there.

Good luck and happy reading

Yob

Hey iamozziyob, thanks for advice...still reading the link.All good but i may not have explained myself properly.I basically make two full 23l brews in the one drum.dextrose would equate to 500g per brew.Is that still high?I am going to give the LDME a go,does it act the same in alcohol making as dextrose, really have not used much else before, onr thing i used a bit was coopers brew blend #2, again one box between the two brews.What i want to make is a two kit i guess, incl water (to make 46l of beer)not just two cans in one 23l brew.Hope i explained a bit better what i want to do.More beer less money is my aim (cheap prick).

dextrose would equate to 500g per brew.Is that still high?I am going to give the LDME a go,does it act the same in alcohol making as dextrose

it is for my tastes mate, max 300g when Im doing kits/extract, 200g even better... LDME will add alcohol as it is fermentable but not as much as dex, but LDME will also add more body, dex will reduce it.

Here is another LINK to explain. Im a lazy shite so instead of typing I like to find the links

;)

it is for my tastes mate, max 300g when Im doing kits/extract, 200g even better... LDME will add alcohol as it is fermentable but not as much as dex, but LDME will also add more body, dex will reduce it.

Here is another LINK to explain. Im a lazy shite so instead of typing I like to find the links

;)

Awsome mate, thanks again......

Back