• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Looking to buy a grain mill - any available?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filko

Reaction score
Folks, stepping up the all grain brewing and starting to buy grain in bulk, would like a grain mill. Wondering if anyone has one available that they're not using or not using much. Have seen some nice setups on wooden tables with slide in tubs to catch the grain, plus drill attachments. Keen to set something like this up or pick up something already set up. Am in the Rockdale area, happy to drive to anywhere in Sydney within reason to pick up - prefer to do so after work on a weekday (saving the weekend for brewing). Please get in touch if you have something available. Matt.

There was a MashMaster with knurled rollers on here not long ago. Don’t think it went. Use Google to search for it, as the forum search is so completely useless that its range of uselessness begins to verge into the realm of the useful. If you’re Bizarro Superman, that is.

That said. I recently bought the fluted-roller MashMaster. Unreal, and totally worth the coin. Cranks through the grain and once you get your gap roght, you’ll see a few % more in efficiency.

But then, the no-name Chinese mill I bought for my first bulk-buy did me just fine for a few years. Once you’re ready for your big boy mill though, it’s either the MashMaster fluted or the Monster Mill 3-roller.

I'm looking for a mill too... Is there enough interest for a bulk buy? I seem to recall that happening here in the past.

don't know if anyone else from the Keg King mill buy we did 5 or so years ago has had the same issue, but the bearings in mine are fucked despite trying my best to keep them clean
I've tried to find oilite bushings for it but no luck
I'll be selling it for parts at some point and getting a Mini Mill

I'm open to multiple mill options, but it seems like Mini Mill is the best option (and has a price tag to go with it). Buy once, cry once. Think they would offer bulk buy pricing?

don't know if anyone else from the Keg King mill buy we did 5 or so years ago has had the same issue, but the bearings in mine are fucked despite trying my best to keep them clean
I've tried to find oilite bushings for it but no luck
I'll be selling it for parts at some point and getting a Mini Mill

What size are the bushings?

Mash master fluted... No affiliation , just one very happy customer after trying a couple of other mills.

Best efficiency on all brews, plus it leaves the husk good so sparging is a breeze, similar to using rice hulls .
Love it

Last time a BB was done on mills, Mash Master were approached, the discount wasn't huge. At this point the only mill I would look at would be the mash master. If people are keen I'm happy to contact Mash Master and see what they can do, and possibly open a BB. Note you will still be looking at More than $300 with the hopper, but your kids will be using it when your long gone.

We should probably get an idea of people's budgets if going for a bulk buy. I am happy to shell out for a Mash Master, but that may not be for everyone.

What's lifespan expectancy of a budget or mid-range mill?
I'm not going AG (far from it), so I can't justify a high end device at this stage.

I'd be interested in upgrading my knurled two roller eBay mill with a geared, fluted, two roller mill. Just the mill would do me, I already have a board and a hopper that ought to be reusable. It might need a bit of hacking to make it fit, but that's part of the fun...

Can I suggest that if there is a bulk buy, we target the higher end. Those of us that are upgrading will have mills that will become available on the second hand market to people on a budget. Everyone wins.

Back