Looking to buy 100+ Litre Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, just wondering what the most cost effective options available for an insulated 100+L fermenter with heating and cooling control. Currently using 35L fermenters in a temp controlled fridge, but with the upcoming 100L Gen 4 Brewzilla I'm keen to upgrade to something to simplify the process.
Interested to see what set ups people are using.

Cheers.

No problem I had a look at a lot of the 100L options, still haven't pulled the pin but the Brewtools seemed to be the best option in my mind

Note the F100 is 90L max and the Cheeky was about 80L max

There is also the Cheeky peak version, which I haven't seen a review of for a little less

https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/nano-x-105l-jacketed-unitank
Or if you are ok with using and cleaning a cooling coil (also haven't seen a review)

https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/nano-x-105l-complete-unitank-fermenter-loaded-accessary-package
I currently have a 30 and 50L Cheeky-peak unibucket (probably should have just gone for a Brewtools F80 however)

Cheeky gear is good however I did have some critiques on the 2 I have

Curious / calc the cost $$$.

Jacketed vs Immersion running costs to keep the temp.
I have a 66ltr SS BrewTech, its not jacketed. I use a glycol chiller plus the supplied heater to regulate the temp. Just wondering, the cheaky kit looks great. Is it "that"much cheaper to run? Isnt that the main plus for a jacketed?

Curious / calc the cost $$$.

Jacketed vs Immersion running costs to keep the temp.
I have a 66ltr SS BrewTech, its not jacketed. I use a glycol chiller plus the supplied heater to regulate the temp. Just wondering, the cheaky kit looks great. Is it "that"much cheaper to run? Isnt that the main plus for a jacketed?

Commercial jacketed tanks have insulation the jacketed brewtools and cheeky peak are not insulated and you need additional external insulation jackets

Personally I'd prefer a jacketed to a coil for cleaning purposes and dry hopping options but the cost difference can be prohibitive

Can understand the cleaning advantage, my coil is a little bit of a pain to clean.
But, why is jacketed better for dry hopping?

Perhaps a not what you’re looking for, but have you considered two 50-60 litre fermenters (or 4 ~30 litre fermenters) in an old chest freezer or large fridge? Probably cheaper, easier to handle, temp control is simple, and gives you flexibility if you decide to do a couple of smaller batches.

Can understand the cleaning advantage, my coil is a little bit of a pain to clean.
But, why is jacketed better for dry hopping?

No coil to get in the way of the hops going in (depending on how you are dry hopping) also no coil for hops to stick to.

Back