Looking for SS tubing. Where get?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philistine

Reaction score
Hey Dudes,
I'm scouring the 'net trying to find some 1/2" or 12mm OD stainless steel tubing.
I dont need much... a meter would do.... I just want it to play around making some bit and pieces.. pickup tubes, a kettle whirlpool tube etc.
For some reason it seems quite hard to find.
I did find a listing on AliExpress, but the description is pretty badly written and I cant figure out if its actually what I want.
I found *ONE* listing on eBay for two 250mm pieces of 12mm OD X 10mm ID, SS 304 tube. I also found a couple of listing for tubing from the US but the postage costs are ridiculous...
Does anyone know of anywhere else?
Does anyone her have a piece lying around that I can buy?

TIA

IIRC Geordi has annealed SS tube. I'd split some with you if there's a minimum. You'll need a very solid bender though.

My shed! 1/2" prolly have 4-5 meters left. Though that's further than geordie's from you (if your location is current). I don't head to Melbourne too often, but there's this little craft bar opening in Mitcham, some time soon, I'm happy to bring a meter or so with me or post. Pm me we'll sort a price and details.

Malt Junkie - Id be just as happy to get it from you, but Im thinking the hassle for you and postage costs for 2m would be more than what this eBay guy's asking for...?

so just to re-cap, that link I found - they're, annealed, straight lengths with 1mm wall thickness.
I ordered one and I cant help thinking how weird its gonna be getting a 2 meter long package sent in the mail

courier as auspost wont go over 105cm cause they are weak as piss

let us know how it goes as i am interested as it seems a good price

philistine said:
so just to re-cap, that link I found - they're, annealed, straight lengths with 1mm wall thickness.
I ordered one and I cant help thinking how weird its gonna be getting a 2 meter long package sent in the mail
Yep, ordered one myself. Curious to see what's going to arrive. Will report back.

Mardoo said:
Yep, ordered one myself. Curious to see what's going to arrive. Will report back.
Mardoo, we have some up coming projects, some shaping work might be an add on, as I have some bending tools for 1/2"ss tube. Hell we might need to brew a batch while we do all this techy stuff!

Latest posts

Back