Looking for hop rhizomes in WA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruer

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having a hard time tracking down hop rhizomes to plant this season. Could anyone point me in he right direction or have any they'd sell me that'd be great. I'm looking for a few different types including cascade or similar. I live in perth.

I ordered some through http://www.nelsen.com.au/. Very quick to reply and paying through paypal makes it an even faster transaction. Hope to get them tomorrow - chinook, colombus and super alpha. wee hee!

I didn't think that quarantine restrictions allowed for importation of soil-bearing plants into WA. Is there anyone in the Perth area that would be willing to sell me some rhizomes?

I'm also interested. Did you manage to find anywhere that sells them?

Ducatiboy stu said:
You cannot import hop rhizomes into WA
actually u can but its a pain to do the paper work. I've done it previously when i some some to the above mentioned person.

barls said:
actually u can but its a pain to do the paper work. I've done it previously when i some some to the above mentioned person.
Well if you do all the proper bio security you can.

But for the man on the street you basically cant

Ducatiboy stu said:
Well if you do all the proper bio security you can.

But for the man on the street you basically cant
i could track down and post the requirements from wa quarantine that i was emailed but i can't be fucked. the paper work was harder that the actual requirements.
the biggest one was that it wasn't grown near grape vines and had to be free from soil when shipped.

That everyone, I managed to find someone in Perth from AHB that kindly gave me a few rhizomes. Will probably be keen to share a few with people in need next year once the things have grown.

just ebay em ha
ive had success with ordering multiple varieties from wa sellers.. most from albany area.
i just checked then and theres none at the moment so maybe its a bit late in the season to buy them
the last lot i got where massive fat rhizomes and had on offer over 10 varieties and they shipped them superfast

where in Perth are you?

In South Freo. Yeah, I talked to those guys a few weeks ago. They said they were all out for this year, but were planning on burying a few in 44 gallon drums this year to propagate a whole bunch. I'm definitely getting in touch with them next year.

Back