• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Looking for ESB yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mat B

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone in NE Melb have any WLP002 or Wyeast 1968 yeast they want to offload? Even if it's harvested - I can spin it up. Planning to brew an ESB over easter and want to avoid driving to Springvale to get the right yeast. All homebrew stores on this side of town don't have any :(

happy to compensate with some coin or a few beers.

Cheers

WLP-002 and S-04 have been described as being the same yeast. Some people say they are the same.

Might see if you can find it. It works well in my British style ales.

MO

Can share , wlp 023 if you get any life out of it I wouldn't mind a return, also have wyeast 1469 which is more lightly to fire

MaggieO said:
WLP-002 and S-04 have been described as being the same yeast. Some people say they are the same.

Might see if you can find it. It works well in my British style ales.

MO
Not sure what you're on, but S-04 is the equivalent to Wyeast W1098 British ale - Ferments dry and crisp . Where did you read that?

Not sure what you're on, but S-04 is the equivalent to Wyeast W1098 British ale - Ferments dry and crisp . Where did you read that?

Not on anything friend.

W1098 is Wyeast
WLP-002 is White Labs. Depending on whose data you believe.

There's a LOT of similarities in styles between these two companies.

Wyeast 1056 is equivalent to White Labs WLP-001. This is pretty widely accepted.

Nothing is absolute. There's a lot of gray.

Yeast Strains
https://homebrewsupply.com/learn/yeast-comparison-charts.html

Last edited:
Not on anything friend.

W1098 is Wyeast
WLP-002 is White Labs. Depending on whose data you believe.

There's a LOT of similarities in styles between these two companies.

Wyeast 1056 is equivalent to White Labs WLP-001. This is pretty widely accepted.

Nothing is absolute. There's a lot of gray.

Yeast Strains
https://homebrewsupply.com/learn/yeast-comparison-charts.html

There is a lot of grey, but I've also brewed with the equivalent strains of WLP007 (White Labs), W1098 (Wyeast) and S-04 (LeSaffre) and my experience is gold, not grey.
I'm affirming that my results, with a number of styles, have been similar when using these 3 yeasts.
You said:
"W1098 is Wyeast
WLP-002 is White Labs. Depending on whose data you believe."

Those are facts and are not related to whose data you believe.

Thanks for the offer of friendship. Accepted!

Back