Looking for a whiskey recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with gap.
Our primary aim is beer and mead brewing.
I'm not talking about distillation, I'm talking about making a wort and fermenting it which will then be given to my brother to distill.
I don't distill I make wort, and was asking and this is posted in non beer brewing so how is it a problem considering I'm talking about making a wort and brewing it.
I can understand if I was talking solely about distillation which I am not

For those that say this is not belonging here
Screenshot_20220628-131118.png

You see those first 3 steps they are what I'm interested in hence it is brewing, how is this different from mead or beer at these 3 steps

Mashing for distillation is different to mashing for brewing beer. There is a different objective for the end product.

I wouldn't take offense to the above responses. I think what the posters were trying get at is that you would likely receive a more informed response from a distilling forum. Sure there might be people on here that also do some distilling but they may not feel comfortable discussing it on a public forum either. Maybe someone PMs you rather than responding publicly. Best of luck to you. Cheers

Back