• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Looking for 30l Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rurik

Reaction score
Hello Brains Trust.

I am looking for some 30l Kegs. Does anybody know where I can find some?

Thanks

I'd assume you'd have to have incredibly wealthy to purchase 30 litre kegs...

Yob said:
Do they even make 30l ones? Never seen any so rare as rocking horse shit if they do exist

They do you just don't see them in Australia that often due to the way excise works.

manticle said:
No idea on quality but apparently keg king make a range of sizes including 30 L

http://www.kegking.com.au/Kegs.html

I have tried them a few times. I keep on getting the we do have them from time to time but you have just missed them line.

Bridges said:
I'd assume you'd have to have incredibly wealthy to purchase 30 litre kegs...
I am not that wealthy but I am an Australian so that puts me in the top 10% of the richest people on earth. How about you let me worry about my money and you can worry about yours. What I am trying to achieve will be cheaper than the alternative if it works.

Wasn't commenting on your personal wealth champ! Just probably badly worded reply that 30l kegs seem to be an expensive and hard to obtain alternative to corny kegs, I'd reckon you could by 2 cornys for the price of 1 30l keg. I like many others started in home brewing as buying nice beer is costly and brewing my own seemed like a way to save some coin. I don't keg myself due to the cash involved (but I recently got some kegs in a bulk buy thanks again Andytork) so if you can suggest a cheaper pathway I'm all ears.

I don't want them for serving beer other wise I would use corny kegs (I got a metric shit load of them). I want to use them as fermenters as they will have sanitary welds in them and will be pressure tested. Combined this with their dimensions and I can fit two of them in the space I can fit a single conical. I don't brew to save money as that is never going to happen as I have spent a bomb on it over the years. I brew because I love to brew and brew well. The setup I have in mind will let me pump out of my BM, through my chiller into the fermenter which has been heat sanitised. Then I will be able to inject the right amount of O2 into solution pitch my yeast. Once fermentation is finished I will be able to rack the beer under pressure through a filter into a corny keg for serving. My wort/beer will never come into contact with any unintended oxygen on the cold side

My wort/beer will never come into contact with any unintended oxygen on the cold side
I do this, works great.

Pretty sure Nev has some brand new ones, not listed on the website - like 50L kegs but shorter.

dent said:
I do this, works great.

Pretty sure Nev has some brand new ones, not listed on the website - like 50L kegs but shorter.
That sounds like what I am after. Who is Nev?

They come up for sale every now and then. I bought a few 30L rubber-coated kegs from the Local Taphouse after they had a tap takeover a few years ago. It was more economical for the taphouse to sell them than send them back o/s...

I brought one from keg king about 6 months ago, It cost me $37 I think. He had 4 or 5 at the time.
Cheers Mario

mikk said:
They come up for sale every now and then. I bought a few 30L rubber-coated kegs from the Local Taphouse after they had a tap takeover a few years ago. It was more economical for the taphouse to sell them than send them back o/s...
I have sent them an email already. They sent me an email back saying they never get 301L kegs. I sent them an email back still waiting.

Mario said:
I brought one from keg king about 6 months ago, It cost me $37 I think. He had 4 or 5 at the time.
Cheers Mario
Wow thats cheap. I will keep on calling them.

I have half a dozen i use for storage of alcoholic liquids. I don't think they are that rare. They are the ones used to serve Guiness in Australia.

kegs2.jpg

I got them from a beer distributor.

edit; they are not for sale, but just an idea on where to start looking.

I'd say more and more of these will start turning up soon with the keg excise changes that have just come in

Colonial Brewing in Port Melbourne have a shit load that they use as a barrier too seperate the Bar area from the brewery. But they will probably start using them now.

fullsizeoutput_dc5.jpeg

years back i saw a skip full of 30's at the local scrapper yard.... made me sad :question:

they were import keg from OS and to many $$$$ to send back empty

Back