• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Looking for 19l kegs and bits and pieces SE Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey6

Reaction score
Just starting out so looking to start a good set up help be awesome :)

You say just starting out, so maybe a few more details to steer people in the right direction would be helpful to be able to possibly help you out. For starters are you starting out with extracts, partial mash, all grain brewing? What volume are you planning to brew, 20ish litres at a time, 50ish litres at a time. Are you bottling, kegging, or both? If your all grain brewing are you looking for a space saving set up, such as an all-in-one unit, BIAB set up, or are you wanting to fill a garage up with a 3v system?

I'm kegging doing 20l at the minute until I get a bigger fermenter I'm just using cans as have no idea how to mash or any other way cheers

Kegking is out your way. They sell a bunch of kegging gear for decent prices and usually have second hand kegs available. If you want quality components you're better off going with one of the forum sponsors but the costs quickly add up.
I started with a simple setup with Kegking parts and then upgraded over time.

Clever Brewing also sells reconditioned kegs. They're in Moorabbin.

If you search daily on Gumtree you should come up with a few within a month. They'll likely need to be reconditioned, but it's a good way to learn how your kegs go together, because trouble-shooting will be needed at some point in the learning process.

Thanks for the help guys yea I wanted to try get a few under $70 each are they hard to put back together??

Not the ex-Pepsi and Coca-Cola corny-style ones. Dead easy and not hard to figure out on your own.

On the older racetrack/Rheem/Mytton Rodd ones rebuilding the posts can be a bit fiddly. There's a very good thread on it though.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/90225-servicing-australian-keg-posts/

And price-wise, AHB and Gumtree are usually the best. EBay auctions tend to go to market value. Gumtree is usually around $60. I've had them for as cheap as $40 from there.

BTW, you don't have to tear down the racetrack posts unless you have a taste for thorough sanitising. Also seal kits for them tend to be more expensive than for the Cornies.

Ball-lock = Yes.
Pin-lock = No.

Keg King do them for around $70 and usually have a few pallets. As Mardoo mentioned, could be worth giving Clever a call too.

+1 for Clever, they had a lot in stock when I was there recently, $69 I think but that includes a new o-ring kit so good value, I bought two from them, still had some coke residue in but easy to clean out. Very helpful too I found and they are now my regular for all things brewing. Brewcraft/Liqourcraft in Oakleigh also very helpful and carry lots of good stock but I find them a bit expensive myself.

There is nothing wrong with Keg King kegs. The second hand cornys are rock solid and very cheap to repair or rebuild. The intertaps aren't a bad tap option either (although I run SS Perlicks) and the gas manifold I bought from them also works just fine.

Thanks for the advice I'm just starting out got a really old kegerator might need an upgrade already :)but desperate for kegs

Latest posts

Back