Long time listener first time caller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clickeral

Reaction score
So I am on a few brewing forums so not 100% if I have posted a intro on here but thought I probably should before I post in other threads

I'm Alan, currently living in Ballarat

I have a keg king kegerator with 3 corny kegs hooked up (Ball lock) 2 cider and the LHBS wheat beer extract kit

My 4th keg is empty and just needs a good clean before I fill it again

Currently have an AG pale ale (Smash) clearing before I keg and bottle it (25L) it has been in the fermentor for 16days now

Been finding the forum really good for tips and Ideas, this isn't my first time brewing but I am always learning :)

Need to buy a grain mill and get into the bulk buys (however transport is an issue as I ride a motorbike :p)

Currently trying to clean the 150 330ml bottles I picked up the other week

Hope to add some value to the forum however I try not to post unless I need to

Cheers all and good brewing :)

Welcome Alan!
Stick the bottles in a tub of hot water and a capful of woolliea napisan. Leave overnight and rinse. Easy :)

In addition to Lael, you can even put them into a fermenter with hot water/napisan and clean both the fermenter and bottles at the same time.

Granted, you will need to do a few batches or clean multiple fermenters to get through the bottles though.

Belated welcome mate. On advice from an old school home brewer; when cleaning bottles, just soak in a bleach solution. Old school is the best school.

Bleach?

Granted it works, but it's a bugger to rinse out completely compared to sodium perc/ napisan and any residue can easily develop chlorophenols and stuff up a great brew. Old school is old school for a reason

Bleach is Ok if rinsed out with hot water or left to dry.

Chlorine, the active component in bleach readily evaporates, especially in hot water.

It rinses out easly as long as you use the correct conecertration and dont use it straight

Morning All

So after getting some more gear from @midnight brew last sunday I have been trying to work out what I want to brew

Been thinking
4kg Munich
1kg Amber
600g medium crystal
Challanger to 31ibu
Bramling cross at 20 and 0

Think from memory brewmate claimed 26L and an abv of about 5%

Thoughts comments?

I also have a dark crystal, Wheat malt and a few other lots of hops

I have no particular style in mind tbh, will be brewing this probably in weeks time as I am waiting on my new Mill

Considering getting some JW trad Ale next week as well so might have that to play with too :)

Hmmm having a pint of my AG pale Ale

FG of 1015 think I should have pushed it to 1010, can taste the sugar

Possibly from the priming I did

Hopefully the keg will taste better :p due to no added sugar haha

Might have needed more hops only used about 15g

clickeral said:
Morning All

So after getting some more gear from @midnight brew last sunday I have been trying to work out what I want to brew

Been thinking
4kg Munich
1kg Amber
600g medium crystal
Challanger to 31ibu
Bramling cross at 20 and 0

Think from memory brewmate claimed 26L and an abv of about 5%

Thoughts comments?

I also have a dark crystal, Wheat malt and a few other lots of hops

I have no particular style in mind tbh, will be brewing this probably in weeks time as I am waiting on my new Mill

Considering getting some JW trad Ale next week as well so might have that to play with too :)
Sounds like you're brewing a fairly malty ESB.

Mill should be here tomorrow so I can mount it to the cheap desk I have and chuck my drill on it, the rest of the gear I got off Midnight Brew will be brought out to my place Friday night :)

Also just ordered

25kg JW Trad Ale
25kg JW Pilsner

Will get 25kg of Marris Otter later on this month or possibly next month depends how I go with what I have atm :)

Need to possibly get some more Wheat and Rye next month (only picking up 10kg of each on the 1st Yay for Full Pints bulk buy)

Need to get a ball valve for my Chilly bin/mash tun (will be using my Biab as well I think, still working out how I want to brew atm)

Hoping to do a 30L all grain brew on Sunday :) (if I am not too hungover from Octoberfest)

All going well I will brew the recipe I mentioned about either on Friday or Saturday morning

May brew something earlier depending on when my malt arrives :)

I grab a bottle brush and a drill..great way to clean dirty bottles..

Latest posts

Back