Long Shank Tap ........issues

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byran

Reaction score
So I bought myself another long shank tap for my beer fridge.

Excitedly installed it the other night but it seems to have a crappier than expected return spring. The other one I have locks back to the off position no probs, this new one seems to be very lazy and sometimes keeps locked on! Annoying and I am wasting my precious beer as well.

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this issue?
Didn't have a brand on the bag but is new and seems to function correctly other than the return tension.

So I bought myself another long shank tap for my beer fridge.

Excitedly installed it the other night but it seems to have a crappier than expected return spring. The other one I have locks back to the off position no probs, this new one seems to be very lazy and sometimes keeps locked on! Annoying and I am wasting my precious beer as well.

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this issue?
Didn't have a brand on the bag but is new and seems to function correctly other than the return tension.
try loosening the nut on the handle (between the handle and the main body)....most taps will have 2. One acts as a lock nut for the other. May just be over tight.

If this doesn't help, strip it down, clean it, reassemble.

Back