Long Brew Weekend 2004

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
This weekend is a four day weekend (for those of us not on shift work).
So that makes it a long brew weekend.

What are you guys planning on brewing ?

I'm going to be brewing a Stout and an Oktoberfest-Marzen.

Beers,
Doc

Not sure yet, except it is going to be my first partigyle batch.

I've got some drinkin' to catch up on.

But I'm planning a hoegarden for the weekend after. Anyone know where I can buy flaked wheat (not weeties). I can get it for $3 or so per 500 g at the local health food shop but I want to buy 5 kg.

I am brewin my Berry Wheat Ale at the moment

cant wait to try the results

I might also get a pils brewed over the weekend.... not sure but i have veery little stock at the moment, with a large backlog in 2ndrys fermentors frighting to keg stock up again

Also Wit next weekend

a koelsch the week after

irish red (doc's) the following
oatmeal stout after that for winter

so many brews so little time ;)

Well my longweekend is pretty well planed for fishing, bottling a boston Ale, and maybe a quick trip to Naracourte for the Van Nationals and hopefully catching up with a mate of mine while i am there..

oh in that time i may just put another brew down just not sure which brew to put down yet

cheers and beers
ozdevil

drinking and bloody errecting a veranda or try to in a sober condition

Stocks are low at the moment (1keg + 1 in primary) so I will be brewing an APA which has become my standard drinking stock :rolleyes:

Next will be another english special bitter then I may delve into the lager world :huh:

I just hope my keg sees me through the w/end :eek:

what the :blink:
am i the only one working?
2 days 4 nights x 12 hour shifts for the next two weeks.
i will have delerium tremens :D
nice drop btw
when its over will put down a few more pales :)

cheers
big d B)

just can't decide. I have everything i need to make just about any beer.
i think a scottish 80 would be lovely and a ESB with the youngs yeast.
plus i have some new american hops to try in a pale ale.
A C.A.P. would be nice too, just to please the masses.

Cheers jayse

Coopers old dark kit with chocolate malt and roast barley and some homegrown POR late addition.

And maybe, a quick 3-can homebrand el cheapo high gravity experimental brew, just to see what happens...?

:( No big d

Your not the only one working :(

Looks like the northern brewers are keeping little Johnnys country running

First ever all grain brew. An almost double batch sized chocolate porter, which hopefully will be forgiving of errors on brew day. Cranking up the Valley mill for the first time ever.

cool good luck simon.
i just noticed your nearly up to brew 100.
how about a beer with 0g 1.100 and 100ibu to celebrate.

I'm not sure if I'll brew this weekend or not. Havent decided yet.

If I do, it'll either be a robust porter, or an oatmeal stout. I've got some dark grains that really need using up :)

I do need to rack my IPA on friday or saturday though. And drink more beer so as I can fill a keg.

BigD and Batz

I'm in the same boat as you 2 except I am up in Cape York away from my brewery :eek:
I did bring a hydrometer though & I have a great thermometer too ;) so I will be bottling a ginger beer

Hoops

I'll be bottling a Baltic Porter (tastes fantastic straight out of secondary), racking an all extract pale ale (just a bottle filler) and putting on my Chocolate Wheaton Stout.

Going to brew my Mash Paddle brew tomorrow. It will be my last chance to brew till late in May due to work sending me away to Cairns :p

C&B
TDA

Trying out some cara-aroma for the first time for a belgian dubbel.

Wreck.

I'm having a go at an extract 'n grain porter, based on Palmer's "Port o' Palmer" recipe from his book. LME, Choc malt, crystal and black patent malt with Target and Willamette and a new dried version of the 1056 American Ale I've been meaning to try. Hope it all goes well. Should be my final extract 'n grain brew for a while as I'm one piece of siliconing away from going all grain. Plan to try the 'skunk fart' or similar APA style recipe first, probably next weekend. :) Can't wait!

Shawn.

Lots of family things happening this easter - probably won't put down a brew.
But I do have to bottle an extract and grain Belhaven 80/- clone. A little early - the cc fridge blew up on me :(

Will probably rack a Newcastle Brown clone to secondary.

and then ...... if I do free up the time a Dunkel Weiss - Old Fokker from Goliath brewed with Coopers wheat beer kit, and some halertau aditions. This may have to wait another week.

Losing the cc fridge has thrown my future brew plans around a fair whack.

Back