Loads Of Cascade

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjadeb1984

Reaction score
hi all i recently brought 500g of NZ cascade flowers and was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good kits and bits recipe using them, im in the process of seting up my AG brewery so still using the extracts

Cheers mic

Anythign bbased on TCS Sparkling Ale can with Cascade is lovely! Just use ianh's spreadsheet and make a Cascade APA using that :D

cheers to be honest ive been hanging round here for quite a while now and still haven't looked at the spreadsheet despite everyones high opinion of it, i thinks its time to check it out.

Boonies LCPA clone would make a good base for a Cascade only ale.

cheers to be honest ive been hanging round here for quite a while now and still haven't looked at the spreadsheet despite everyones high opinion of it, i thinks its time to check it out.

Well it has smurtos pre-loaded and you can make some great recipes with it!

hey if your after a nice kit to use cascade with, i like combining cascade with morgans blue mountain lager kit.
also really good if you steep around 200g crystal with it and add some Light Malt if your using Extracts and Kits

Not a bad hop, and there is that temptation of going nuts, but try to resist.
If you really wanna appreciate the hop, keep the hop regime rather simple. It's quite aromatic, so not much more than 1g/L is like max for late hop (5-0min) and dry hop. It can get grassy if you overdo it.
Also the idea of bittering with something else might be recommended, just because it's not a very good bittering hop....bitterness can be a bit rough.

Malt bill, up to you. If you want some colour/caramel to it, steep some Crystal or add some Amber/Caramalt extract. But yeah, darker beers can handle a bit more bitterness.

Latest posts

Back