LME Larger and Limes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrisBrew

Reaction score
I have a tin of Morgans Blue Mountain larger and a tin of Beer Enhancer Extra Pale and i have 8 Limes to put in to try and add a lime hint. Ive never added them before. Interested to know what others have tried with limes

Wondering... Should i cut them in half and then place them in from the beginning or cut them in half, squeeze the juice into the fermenter and then drop them in?

Cheers

I have a tin of Morgans Blue Mountain larger and a tin of Beer Enhancer Extra Pale and i have 8 Limes to put in to try and add a lime hint. Ive never added them before. Interested to know what others have tried with limes

Wondering... Should i cut them in half and then place them in from the beginning or cut them in half, squeeze the juice into the fermenter and then drop them in?

Cheers
I've never used fresh limes, did a bit of research and it seemed like not the best option. Also maybe just the green parts of the rind would be a better option, a small amount of citric acid helps with the citrusy bite too if that what you're after. Kaffir lime leaves work great in the boil, done a few brews with around 6 and they leave a nice limey taste that mellows out a few weeks after bottling. Batz has a recipe on here with kaffir lime which is where I got the idea initially.

Back