LME and Fruit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrisBrew

Reaction score
I just put down 2 x fermenters with Coopers Larger with 1kg of brew enhancer with a dry enzyme packet in each.

I also added a whole packet of frozen berries to just one of them... strawberry, blackberry , blueberry and mulbery. 500gm packet in hot water to help soften it up.

wondering if anyone else has done this and what results i can expect. looking for something different. Keen to hear others results

When did you add the fruit - during fermentation or after? If you added the fruit before you added the yeast you will probably end up with something nasty because the yeast will eat the sugar in the fruit and you will get unwanted flavours. Plus the fruit will ferment - ever tasted fermented fruit? That taste will now be in your beer.
Fruit is usually added in a ‘secondary’. This means you take the beer off the yeast when it has completed fermentation and siphon it into a different container that contains the fruit. This means your beer will get the fruit juice but it won’t get spoiled by the yeast.
Also, some types of beer go better with fruit than others. Saisons and wheat beers may be better with berries than the dry lager, which may go better with more citrus type fruits like lime or lemon.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back