Little white Keg King inline regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snazpops

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls,
Just wondering if anyone else is using these regulators as part of a multi pressure system. I have 3 corny kegs: one with soda water (at 25 psi), and two with beers (ideally at 10 psi), all on the same gas supply.
I'm having trouble determining the psi coming from the inline regulators, as they don't come with a guage. According to the youtube video, turning the dial anticlockwise will lower the pressure.
Would the screw sitting flush with the top of the housing be roughly 10-12 psi?

in_line_reg_adjust.jpg
keg king inline regulator

Something like this might help:

blowtie-kit3.png

No brand affiliation. Surprised forum sponsors haven't jumped on this already.

I had a setup similar to what bbqzookeeper posted (but with the inline reg) but the pressure never really seemed right. I removed the regulator to check the gauge and for some reason the secondary gauge didn’t match the gauge on the main regulator.

It was at this point that I just chucked out the inline regulator and gauge and went back to a simpler setup.

I’m in the market for a spunding valve and it’s because of this that I’m hesitant to buy the kegland one cos it’s basically the same thing.

The forum rules state that sponsors aren't generally allowed to spruik their wares outside of their own threads

Hence the surprise, as that is what has been happening.

I'm thinking of something similar to the above setup (inline reg + gauge) in order to prevent my cold-crashed fermentersaurus from having its walls collapsing, by providing ~2psi.

Anyone else here done something like this?

I've gotta say I do like my Kegland inline reg, but I find when turning off my gas bottle for a few days the keg that it's connected to is the only one that loses pressure
I'm still yet to check over whether it's the keg or the way I've set it up, but I do have the pressure turned RIGHT down for just dispensing a keg of cold water

I bought a Micromatic plastic secondary regulator for this purpose from Craftbrewer for my previous kegerator (before sale, moving and reacquiring).

It allows you to feed high pressure (and high carb or quick carbonating beers) on the keg side, the regulator allows you put serving beers on the lower side. It's brilliant because it has a numbered setting.

https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/micromatic-secondary-regulator

This is a sponsor that should actually be having their wares spruiked, not one doing it at the expense of all other sponsors.

I bought a Micromatic plastic secondary regulator for this purpose from Craftbrewer for my previous kegerator (before sale, moving and reacquiring).

It allows you to feed high pressure (and high carb or quick carbonating beers) on the keg side, the regulator allows you put serving beers on the lower side. It's brilliant because it has a numbered setting.

https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/micromatic-secondary-regulator

This is a sponsor that should actually be having their wares spruiked, not one doing it at the expense of all other sponsors.

Well that certainly looks like an option more likely to succeed and good timing as I need to have some soda on tap for Xmas.
I was going to just pressurize it up and hope for the best at serving time, looks like an order needs to be placed :)

Just be aware that if you are running check valves before the inline regulator, you need to compensate for a 1-2psi drop over the check valve.

Just be aware that if you are running check valves before the inline regulator, you need to compensate for a 1-2psi drop over the check valve.
Thanks shanos, after quite a bit of trial and error, I'm beginning to think that they have been a waste of money. I'll have to live with lightly sparkling water if I want to have perfect beer pours on the same gas line (everything set to 12 psi).
I don't want to buy a large secondary regulator for outside my kegerator.

I wouldn't jump on this either. A $4 gauge with margin of +/- 30% hooked up to questionable intermediate bits? o_O

I haven't bought any yet, but is there a better place to buy a gauge? I didn't see the margin on their website (but if it is 30%, I wouldn't advertise it either).

Otherwise I have to pony up for the Micromatic.

Thanks shanos, after quite a bit of trial and error, I'm beginning to think that they have been a waste of money. I'll have to live with lightly sparkling water if I want to have perfect beer pours on the same gas line (everything set to 12 psi).
I don't want to buy a large secondary regulator for outside my kegerator.

Micromatic secondary reg is quite small and I keep mine inside the kegerator (S4). It's smaller than a manifold in length. It isn't huge like the big shiny ones that sit on the gas bottle, it's more like a plastic splitter than lowers pressure but has a gauge/controller.

"To configure a complete system with this model, you will require 3/8" LLDPE John Guest Gas Line" AND "If currently using 5/16" LLDPE or similar line, then you can step down to that size using the John Guest Series 22 Stem Elbow" Link

Just advice for anyone searching this thread and considering options.

I’m in the market for a spunding valve and it’s because of this that I’m hesitant to buy the kegland one cos it’s basically the same thing.
The only real difference between the blowtie and the inline reg is that you'll slide beer line over the brass barbs that connect to the inline reg, instead of pushing them into the blowtie
And you need to adjust it with a screwdriver, instead of a big wingnut on top

Inquired about the inline reg at Keg King,ended up ordering the Spunding valve with increments and gauge. Wanting to try a pressure transfer from the Snubby Saurus.
KK spunding valve.jpg

Back