Little flies in taps / cleaning perlicks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moad

Reaction score
I poured a beer tonight and noticed some little flies in my precious black IPA. Perlick taps, regularly clean lines but haven't cleaned taps before.

Does anyone have a link or guide on cleaning perlick taps. Do I just unhook beer lines and unscrew the taps from the shank and soak in sodium perc for a while?

Fruit flies Moad, Try giving the inside of the spout a spray with starsan after pouring a beer and clean the drip trays at the end of each session to keep the little bastards away.

You can also get little slip on plastic thimbles to block off the taps when not in use.

I just pour the first little bit into the drip tray and carry on. The little buggers don't get far.

wereprawn said:
Fruit flies Moad, Try giving the inside of the spout a spray with starsan after pouring a beer and clean the drip trays at the end of each session to keep the little bastards away.
By far this is the easiest solution! Also keeps mould from growing up in there as well.

I unscrew the spout and then the nozzle of a spray bottle fits up inside, two squirts & done, spray out nozzle and reassemble.

Latest posts

Back