little creatures pale ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sboulton

Reaction score
Guys could someone help me out with a recipe for a little creatures pale ale
,but i want to do a mini mash can someone help out?

simon

i am also after a recipe for pilsner Urquell
anybody? :rolleyes:

simon

howd you get on with the private recipe i sent.

SiMoN :p

havent had a chance to do anything with recipe yet , am committed to getting my mini mash tech , rite just want to brew a couple of basic lagers , then a couple of ales ( just to get some stock up ) but rest assured i will try the pils urq recipe asap . ( this is the recipe you r talkin about ?)
thanks for any info though , i just cant keep up with my ambitions when it comes to brewin :(

due to end of school year and kids graduations etc. ;)

simon

bit of a bump here.....

Anyone got a good reciepe for Little Creature Pale Ale. I did a large batch awhile back - just using the Country Brewer reciepe - and it was great stuff. I am down to my last couple of bottles and wanted to bput another one on.

Just wonder what others reciepes people are using to see if I can make something even better?

If not I will be off to CB this week to pick up the goodies :)

Top Drop :D

There is a recipe on the grumpys forum: www.grumpys.com.au. Do a search under "Partial mash & a hop question". It uses a mash of 1kg pale malt, a 1.5 tin of LME, a grumpys boston cream masterbrew, bittered with cascade and brewed with a Wyeast American Ale 11.

The Boston Cream masterbrew with some cascade is very LCPAish.

I made one with Crystal Malt, LME, Cascade Hops and White Labs California Ale. Needed a little longer than most in the bottle due to a recipe conversion error I made, but all in all tasted pretty good. Reminds me, I should bottle the Rogers clone I have going.

hi all
last time in perth i never tried the rogers beer.i will be in perth around sept/oct and will try this beer.in the mean time those that have tried it is it any good.i love the lcpa.

cheers
big d B)

I brewed my "clone which is not a clone" based on my tasting of LCPA and the stock of ingredients I had. I tried a Rogers for the first time while my batch was brewing :) I just made a batch of ale with pale LME, Pale Chocolate Malt, Crystal Malt and some Caramunich Malt, hopped with cascade. Racked my brew yesterday, tastes OK.

Rogers is not bad, an interesting quirky beer, but not necessarily a "great" beer.

BigD,

When you come to Perth go and have a meal at the brewery in Freo and drink it on tap then take a box home. Food is pretty good if a little dear, but the beer is great and the setting is good too, casual Freo vibe, sitting under fermenters... They have Rogers, LCPA and a pilsener on tap. The pale ale is the best for mine. The draught is different to the bottles, perhaps less hoppy but still lovely.

If I have to drink medium strength, Rogers is hands down my favourite at the moment. 3.8% but still full bodied, in a similar style to the pale ale.

Had my first ever bottle of the Rogers' tonight. I've been a fan of the Pale Ale for a while but never had a chance to try the Rogers' until tonight. Not a bad drop. I think the lower alcohol is actually a good thing. I agree with you though, the Pale Ale is the way to go. One of my top 5 Aussie beers.

Gough

BigD - while you are here (Perth/Freo) go to Clancy's (in Freo) - it has a couple of other local brews from the Inchant Brewery as well as HoeGaarden etc...
Goat

thanks goat
i will head down that way and check them out :chug:

cheers
big d

heres my lastest all grain lcpa its still in the making and always getting better although not an exact clone its unreal and will get better especially now i have chinnook hops.this one is all cascade
for a mini mash just swap 2 kg of pale malt for 1.5kg coopers light extract.
and 1kg for dme although the dme will take to much away from the specialty malts flavour in that it adds a very sweet taste.so just convert it as you wish.

4.5 pale malt

200g amc dark crystal this ones much darker than lcpa so 40 to 60l crystal is recomended for more of a clone

450g cara pils

250g munich malt

250g wheat (actuall lcpa only uses 4 malts)

40 g cascade 60 mins i believe lcpa is chinnook here

1/2 oz " " 15 mins

1/2 oz " " 10 mins

1 oz " " 5 mins

1 oz " " 1 min

ive got about 6 or 7 of these recipes if anyone wants

it started has 5 kg pale
200 caramunich
200 dark crystal

21 g northern brewer 60 mins

1 oz cascade 10 mins

1 oz cascade 1 min

thats wyeast 1056 or 1272

gday jayse
let all know how the beer turns out using the chinhook hops.they will be in my next order
cheers
big d B)

Dont use Chinook hops if you can help it. They are quite funky and not very pleasant. Use Centennial instead. They have a REALLY nice bitter-sweet citrusy, piney thing going on and are awsome for any US pale ale or US IPA.

jeez "funky unpleasant" really oh!! oh well!!

well i guess ill have to find that out for myself i brought a 1/2 a kilo of the chinook hops to do these beers after reading good things about them.and lcpa taste great which uses them.

iam sure ill still be able to get a awsome result with them.

oh theres a mistake in that recipe if you want to do extract with only a 1kg pale malt mash it should be something like
swap 3.5kg of pale malt for 1.5kg coopers light extract.
and 750kg dme.
anyway it depends on high bigger mash you want to do so convert how you wish i never really try to hit extact starting gravities.although i will be one day. cant wait for my designing great beers book.

I made a little creatures clone from a recipe in TCB

BlackRock Colonial Lager , Ultrabrew , 200g Crystal grain steeped,40g Cascadesteeped

Tasted it last night after 8 weeks in the bottle , a real nice drop

like Little creatures , I don't know did not have one to taste compare

Plenty of hops though

worth a try

i will still give chinook hops a go as without trying it i cant give an accurate appraisal.as they say you will never never no without trying.i may even love them.

cheers
big d B)

Back