Little Creatures Original Pils

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifthpinned06

Reaction score
Any of you gurus out there got a decent recipe for a similar beer to LCOP i'm finding it rather drinkable?

I haven't drunk the stuff, but Pilsners are pretty simple.

Pilsner malt + a tiny amount of something to colour it up and add a tad of maltiness + noble hops (Hallertau for west; Saaz for east) to 25-35 IBUs and a Euro lager yeast at < 12C.

Pretty much encompasses 95% of the world's pilsners.

Lc pils is a good drop, that link by wolfy can be used to make a really good hb all grain pilsner.

Ro or tank water is also a good idea.

little creatures pilsner has a nice floral note to it

With Tasmanian Hallertau, New Zealand Pacifica and Saaz hops added throughout the brewing process this beer has a light, fresh flavour and a crisp bitterness.

i tried making it a couple of months ago, but ended up tasting like a bohpils instead of the little creatures

if i were to try to clone it again, i would use 100% JW pilsner, saaz and hallertau aroma and use budvar yeast

Sounds like it's similar to Steinlager.

Might have to try one.

Got a suggested hopping schedule don?

not the one i used, it ended up a little too spicy because i used pacific hallertau late in the boil, so i'd leave it out altogether as i dont think it belongs in the late additions

lagers tend to strip a fair bit of hop aroma, probably because they are aged for a fair while, so i'd probably say try

1.5g/litre hallertau aroma @ 15 mins
1.5g/litre saaz @ flameout

total bitterness to around 30 ibu using a 60min of your favourite neutral bittering hop

leaving the saaz late might help reduce the spicness and just get the floral notes from it, any grassiness would tend to mellow during fermentation/lagering

Back