Little Creatures Oatmeal Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crunched

Reaction score
Just wanted to post this up for the other Brisvegas residents - Nectar in West End has 2 cases left of the Little Creatures Oatmeal Stout. I picked some up today and am just sampling one now - not bad at all. Very similiar in flavour to the JS Porter, with more body and creaminess from the oats. Not much stoutiness to it, with only a hint of coffee - which suits me fine.

It's not a bad drop and cheap too - $6.50 for the pint bottles.

2010_09_08_18.43.54.jpg

Nice one, i might have to get some for myself soon.

It's also on tap at the Platform bar - and it tastes slightly roastier (and fresher) on tap.

Brewhouse bottlo - $6/bottle.

IMHO not worth bothering with though.

Just wanted to post this up for the other Brisvegas residents - Nectar in West End has 2 cases left of the Little Creatures Oatmeal Stout. I picked some up today and am just sampling one now - not bad at all. Very similiar in flavour to the JS Porter, with more body and creaminess from the oats. Not much stoutiness to it, with only a hint of coffee - which suits me fine.

It's not a bad drop and cheap too - $6.50 for the pint bottles.

Stewarts Portside and Ascot are good for getting in the little creatures batches (and some other rare craft beers). I'm off to Dan's this afternoon at Ascot to see if their allottment is in yet.

Goomba

Latest posts

Back