Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a brew at home in the keg, my first design creation and took a month n a half to get to it's prime flavour. Funny thing is when I went into LC to try the Brown Ale it tasted similar. Probably different side by side but close enough to bring the though to my head. I was originally trying to design a Belguim pale ale but as still being a rookie screwed it a bit. At least it turned out a good drop.

Keep up the good work LC. If it wasn't so far away I would be there all the time. Ever thought of opening up something Joondalup/Hillarys way. Should design something in for the new Ocean reef marina!!!!! But that won't be for another 10 years.

Attached here is a flyer about the LC Oatmeal Stout.

LC_Oatmeal_Stout.jpg

OK ... so its an oat stout .. anyone going to be game enough to see if they can pre - empt the recipe for this one ?? I know that there were some awesome recipes that were released prior to the White rabbit dark ales release and suprisingly close to the mark ??

malt, choc malt, oats and cascade x 1000 :p
Thats a start?

look i am one lazy douche, but I think I posted the recipe previously, from the guy who won the internal comp, username: Ohenry

I have the malts and hops (not the amounts) on a label from a bottle O'Henry sent me for the lotto.

Damn fine drop by the way.

Taste it first before you try and get someone to work it out for you.

Will definetly be grabbing a few bottles and trying it out. Been wanting to do an oatmeal stout so will be a good starting point.

Whoopee got some of the LC Brown Ale in our Dan's. Bought a couple of bottles to try found it to be a nice quaffing beer but nothing 'great' to write home about considering the price over $5.00 a bottle.

nothing 'great' to write home about considering the price over $5.00 a bottle.

Jesus. If you and I ever went beer shopping you'd have a stroke.

I often do too but I usually wait til I get home. :ph34r:

But yeah, how is $5 a lot of money for a pint of good beer?

Jesus. If you and I ever went beer shopping you'd have a stroke.

I often do too but I usually wait til I get home. :ph34r:

But yeah, how is $5 a lot of money for a pint of good beer?

Too late I have a stroke everytime I look at the six pack price compared to a case.
The LC Brown is closer to $6.00 a bottle bought singularly. It is a good pint but great would be pushing it. (IMO.)

Ok ... I will have a stab..

5 kg Ale Malt
1 kg rolled oats
1 kg special B
250gm choc
500gm dark crystal
500gm lyles syrup @ 20 mins
1kg LDME @ 20 min

60gm EKG at 60 mins

Thoughts ???

I am keen to know thoughts as I am putting this down on Sunday and so far I tink it looks great .. deep flavoured with awesoem potential colour ... I am curious to know what people think of the use of a couple of nutmegs beign dropped into the mash ???

Finally had the chance to try the LCBA. Not bad. What I find interesting is that it has some similar flavours to LCPA. I've only recently started to work on building my palate. Is the similarity due to the hops used in both?

Tried the Oatmeal Stout on tap at the brewery yesterday... not a bad drop but I preferred the brown ale, of which I have 2 cartons stashed in the bedroom since they ran out at LC.

:D

Tried the stout yesterday from a bottle - into a glass of course.

I'd have to say that this has been my favourite of the single batches so far.

Not sure it's because it's a great beer, or because I don't drink alot of stout and found it more enjoyable than the previous two.

I've had some great IPA and Brown Ales, but few oatmeal stouts, so having little to compare to found it an enjoyable drop...

Kev

should we start a new thread for the oatmeal stout or just use this one?

Anyway Hope I can grab some of this.

I think there is already another thread for the stout, but seeing as this one is called 'next single batch' it'll always be current!

kev

Yep, an Oatmeal Stout as was mention prior in this thread. I have my name down for a slab of this and looking forward to it. Hopefully it is not gonna be too green before winter is done, perhaps it may pay to cellar a few.
Great, like there's not enough stouts out there already. That means we have to get past this one before we get back to something worthwhile (hopefully). And anyone can brew a stout, bloody things are all burnt flavours.

Latest posts

Back