Little Creatures IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bizier said:
I am looking forward to this. I had a taste of a pint of the pale yesterday and it was really true to type compared to some more recent batches. I can't wait for another fresh IPA around the traps.
That's good news. I'd given up on the pale ale which was my staple beer. Had lost it's balance between fruitiness and malt body.Tasted more like passito than beer. Will have to give it another chance.
Back on topic, if it's anywhere near as good as SN Torpedo IPA I'd be happy. Maybe with a slightly lower alcohol%

I had on of their 500mL bottles of the pale ale last night. God damn they make sweet beer. As in, literally "sweet". Almost cloying. Maybe Hop Hog has spoiled me, but I tend to prefer hoppy beers to be dryer.

A the moment they have "A Very Hoppy Ale" on tap at the brewery,
tis 6.4% IPA, whicc I thought was pretty good, american style IPA,
maybe it sthe new IPA?

sinkas said:
maybe it sthe new IPA?
Almost certainly a pilot batch.

lukiferj said:
Not sure where you live man but Hop Hogs now available at Dans and BWS.
I bought these twice now and have been underwhelmed both times. I couldn't find a batch number or date on either packet or bottle so no idea how old they were.

Parks said:
I bought these twice now and have been underwhelmed both times. I couldn't find a batch number or date on either packet or bottle so no idea how old they were.
Haven't bought any from Dan's but have bought a couple of 4 packs from BWS and they have been delicious.

lukiferj said:
Haven't bought any from Dan's but have bought a couple of 4 packs from BWS and they have been delicious.
Picked up a 4 pack last night from Dan's and it is easily on par with the beers I had straight from Feral when I visited early this year

Parks said:
I believe they tend to enter it into comps as an APA. Drink it with this thinking in mind and it improves. It's a nice beer but it isn't much of an IPA.

Parks said:
I've had a couple of dodgy bottles but many more great ones

tricache said:
Picked up a 4 pack last night from Dan's and it is easily on par with the beers I had straight from Feral when I visited early this year
Got to agree - the bottled ones bought here have been so-so, but the fresh ones delivered by a friend were sensational

sinkas said:
maybe it sthe new IPA?
Good to hear, may try to head down this weekend for a sample.

As above- fresh Hop Hog is a fantastic beer. We had some dodgy bottles last weekend with no batch numbers on them. My mate bought them and said they were stored warm.

Bizier said:
I am looking forward to this. I had a taste of a pint of the pale yesterday and it was really true to type compared to some more recent batches. I can't wait for another fresh IPA around the traps.
I'm having a fresh LCPA now - agree, its decent.

sinkas said:
maybe it sthe new IPA?
So I guess with this and the reference on the website to the citrusy nose we can confirm it's an American IPA?

Looks forwards to trying it.

Had one last night - it's definitely worthy of saying it's as good as Hop Hog or Goat IPA. Really solid, delicious American IPA. Hop heads may not find it as adventurous but i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Their IPA launch will be at the Dining Hall (in Fitzroy, VIC) next Thursday the 12th if anyone is interested in trying it on tap for free.

1ypyr6.jpg

lukiferj said:

tricache said:
With these comments I gave them another go and this 4 pack was excellent. I must have had either a bad or old batch the 2 times prior.

Back