Little Creatures Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots

Reaction score
I was in Perth for work last week, and made it down to the Little Creatures Brewery, in Fremantle.

Very cool.

It was night time so nothing was really happening in the brewery, but you can walk around above it on catwalks and check out all the equipment.

They must have the coolest toilet .... .the men's urinal wall has a full length window (one way mirror) that looks out onto the bottling line, which is just metres away.

Didn't think much of the pilsener, but the Pale Ale was as always brilliant.

The surprising thing of it all was how reasonably priced it all was, + the food was excellent.

Well worth a "must visit" if you ever have half an opportunity.

I also noticed that they sell a small "keg" which is a red plastic cube, (when asked they said it has about 30-odd stubbies worth) for $80. It had the round connector (like coopers kegs) so not sure if home systems will take it? but would be great for birthdays etc......

Now I can't wait to go back to Perth again

i can't wait to visit.
some people plan their holidays around entertaining the family in movie world/sea world. not us if there isn't a micro brewery in town than it isn't a holiday option place.

where are you in adelaide boots?
come around and try my a.p.a's one day. mine are even bigger than lcpa.
much creamier and malty but still quite dry. mine are darker also but the hop profile is pretty well spot on to lcpa.
i have found that heaps of cascade for the last minute give just as much aroma as the hop back.
note that i use plugs in the hop back not loose petals. i don't know if that really makes much of a difference.

anyway the one iam drinking right now didn't use the hop back and still has the biggest cascade aroma you could imagine.

anyway iam in prospect boots.
if you would like to come and try some of this wonderful brew.

Hi Jayse,

I know what you mean about the holidays. Was planning a holiday to Perth last night :lol:

I live all the way out at Golden Grove, but work at Edwardstown, so Prospect is on my way home.

I'd love to drop by one night if / when convenient. Have been following the posts / pics about your set up, and it'd be cool to check that out too.

I actually tried sending you a PM (from a thread on grumpies a while back) but it bounced, and after retrying I forgot all about it. It had something to do with thermal controllers /relays / blah blah , and gear like that in general .... the discussion was about pricing, might have been able to help depending what your sources are / were.

Cheers

Jayse, boots and Jazman,

Do you want to arrange an Abrats day for Aussie Homebrewer Forum subscribers.

I will be up for it.

iam in.
it would be good if we can get all the adelaide guys to come along.

im with tda depends on date and taxi or driver maybe haVE it durin xmas hols or even at grumpys with pizza

"also noticed that they sell a small "keg" which is a red plastic cube, (when asked they said it has about 30-odd stubbies worth) for $80. It had the round connector (like coopers kegs) so not sure if home systems will take it? but would be great for birthdays etc......"

Does anyone have any more info on these mini kegs?

I am pissed off , I wanta go to Adelaide for a get together too !!!
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Latest posts

Back