liquid beer enhancer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunken_snail

Reaction score
now who here has been at a sporting event drinking down the bland boring beers they serve.

a friend told me that somewhere in america you could get a small single use container(maybe like the soy sauce fish containers from sushi places. at lease thats how i picture it). that contain a concentrated hop and malt solution but no alcohol content

which you squirt into ur beer and at least make the beer taste better.

so making your sporting viewing a little bit better. until that beer cup snake is long enough or you have slammed down enough drinks to forget the garbage you are drinking.

i think this is interesting and i was wondering has anyone else heard of this.

I had this exact idea a couple of weeks ago and was thinking about starting to experiment with it
and someone's beat me to the punch again...

just walk around with some galaxy isohop and free poor, wont be bland then... :ph34r:

I probably still will
I was at a restaurant with some mates about 2 months ago and thought the bottle of TED i was struggling through could be a ripper if i could just make it a little more malty, and gave it a nice hit of Galaxy
Just need to find a way to extract hop flavour/aroma without using alcohol
I'm guessing maybe steep in a hop tea for 5-10 minutes and then chuck it into a blast freezer to bring it down to room temp almost instantly

Craftbrewer sells liquid hops etc. Old news

liquid hops dosage is 10ml per hectolitre?
even at 1ml to 10 litres, that's a lot of liquid i'm probably going to just throw out
liquid hops is not a product you can just add a drop to a bottle of beer and have a nice hoppy beer

sp0rk said:
liquid hops dosage is 10ml per hectolitre?
even at 1ml to 10 litres, that's a lot of liquid i'm probably going to just throw out
liquid hops is not a product you can just add a drop to a bottle of beer and have a nice hoppy beer
ross begs to differ as others have tried it. I personally havent so I cant persobally vouch for them.

I also meant to post the link to the product. Nfi where it went.

Sorry, just going off the recommended dosage, i thought it'd be way too much
I guess maybe water it down with some water and dme and you'd have the perfect solution
might just have to try this...

Reminds me of when I first tried brewing back in the 70's. You couldn't get hopped extract back then (at least not in my neck of the woods), you bought hop extract separately. You added it at bottling time at the rate of one drop per bottle.

-=Steve=-

I went to the soccer last night.
I drank six Tooheys New.
I could have used some of this stuff.

Bridges said:
Something like this? Not the way I like to enjoy hops :)
I bet it's had the shit boiled out of it, so it'd be bitter as all hell
plus it's probably chinese hops ;)

Back