Lion introduces "Tap King" - party keg / growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to my local Liquorland in Sydney yesterday. The have a special on. Any tap king bottle, the dispenser head and 2 schooner glasses for $35. I jumped at it as I basically got a spare head and 2 glasses for $7.

BTW, I cracked my first home brew filled tap king bottle today. Works perfectly :)

Johndec said:
BTW, I cracked my first home brew filled tap king bottle today. Works perfectly :)
Do you use cartridges or sodastream or other? Naturally carbonate or force carbonate?

Cartridge (bought a pack of 20) and just chucked 8 carbo drops in it. I looked at doing the full hack but as I keg, it's not really worth the effort. A 23 litre brew fits perfectly into 1 x 19L keg and a tap king bottle.

Haha, nope!! There is an adaptor further back through this thread, I'm just going to have to go back and find it. When I tried at the Maitland home brew store (where I bought the reg) they had no idea what I was talking about.

That all said, it appears that TK has dropped right off the boil, to the point I can't even find it any more?

Figured that would happen when I agreed with the wife to ditch my bottles at moving time.

That's what you get I suppose, I'll have to keep my eyes on gumtree and the likes. Otherwise it's onto full kegs (bugger, right?!)

Back